Daniel Alves

abual3bed1

If he leaves defence, he has to do something. But he did nothing. Not even his famous crosses that lead nowhere. He was almost inexistens up front, yet he was never in defence either. I don't see how people could say he was good. He's NOT a winger. He's a defender and he has to stay there or at least near most of the time. Should be replaced with Montoya ASAP.

WTF is this??

He was probably our best player on the pitch last night. One of the few who seemed to give a shit.

Maybe we should have Alves hang back a little? I can see the Alves/Alba pairing working well if he does.

Last edited:
He'll never stay behind, even if the staff told him to.

True. Unless we find a way to be strong defensively while playing Alves and Alba, don't use them together.
Use Alba/Montoya, Alves/Abidal, or maybe even Alves/Montoya (Montoya can play on the left) instead.

Maybe have Busquets drop back to help the CBs? A fast CB would also help IMO.

Stric

He'll never stay behind, even if the staff told him to.

This is what annoys me. I'm pretty sure our tactics don't include bombing forward with 8 players at all times. People seem to forget that players don't always do as they're told. And staying in defense / retreating is the most frequent example of this. This is why we just can't play Alba and Alves at the same time. It's not as if you can just tell them to defend well and then have it really happen. Alba+Montoya is the best combination we have at the moment.

Indignado

True. Unless we find a way to be strong defensively while playing Alves and Alba, don't use them together.
Use Alba/Montoya, Alves/Abidal, or maybe even Alves/Montoya (Montoya can play on the left) instead.

Maybe have Busquets drop back to help the CBs? A fast CB would also help IMO.

I think Busquets dropping back to come up for the defenders' offensive-mindedness is actually a good idea. His defensive ability really made our defenders look silly as he won almost every one-on-one.

Indignado

This is what annoys me. I'm pretty sure our tactics don't include bombing forward with 8 players at all times. People seem to forget that players don't always do as they're told. And staying in defense / retreating is the most frequent example of this. This is why we just can't play Alba and Alves at the same time. It's not as if you can just tell them to defend well and then have it really happen. Alba+Montoya is the best combination we have at the moment.

I completely agree. Alves hasn't really been a defender for the past years as he could always rely on Abidal. I don't think his decision making as to when to attack and when to come back would be as good and that's the main reason why you can't really tell him to be more defensive.

ammarfcb

ze special one
another defensively terrible half. simple bit of positioning for any RB and then he proccessed to track back like it's an august friendly

ammarfcb

ze special one
worst player in the pitch is an understatement. even with pedro playing. properly our worst player tactically all season too

SELL!

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Are you kidding me? Alves wasn't his best defensively, but he was constantly threatening on attack and had a gorgeous assist for Messi. Pedro, on the other hand, didn't do anything except lose the ball.

Indignado

Worst player on the pitch by a mile. No idea how we could keep playing him. I'd say we get some money for him as long as somebody is still willing to pay it.

Indignado

Are you kidding me? Alves wasn't his best defensively, but he was constantly threatening on attack and had a gorgeous assist for Messi. Pedro, on the other hand, didn't do anything except lose the ball.

I agree Pedro was bad too, but Alves lost the ball at least 10 times and was responsible for half our fouls. He wasn't threatening at all in attack, if you compare him to some seasons ago.

Home of Barca Fans