Daniel Alves

Cule4life

The Culest
I wonder what he has to do get benched? Or what is he doing to not get benched? The worst RB in top European leagues defensively. Its no wonder we have been leaking goals from his side all season. Doesnt even try to stop crosses from his side. The same mistakes throughout the season (Sevilla, Real Madrid, Sociedad etc) And above all takes away the playing time of Montoya who has performed better than him in whatever few minutes he gets. All this is due to our managements ineptness/favoritism.

BarcaGirl

According to TV Images Mourinho called Dani "hijo de puta" ...classy as always...

The Bernabeu crowd insults Dani once again with monkey chants, Mourinho insults him, and yet again RM gets away without any sanctions. It's Unbelievable.

Kerrybai

According to TV Images Mourinho called Dani "hijo de puta" ...classy as always...

The Bernabeu crowd insults Dani once again with monkey chants, Mourinho insults him, and yet again RM gets away without any sanctions. It's Unbelievable.

Dani has said in the past that it happens at all Spanish stadiums the team visit.

Indignado

I've been thinking for a long time now they should rename themselves from LFP to LRM, but I guess that would be too obvious.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Our best offensive player vs RM. We wouldn't even have threatened them without him. But he was poor in defense, especially positionally, and like Piqué didn't do well for Morata's chance. Still when he came up against CR he bossed him in midweek, so I don't think it's his skills that are the problem.
He was dangerous the whole game in my opinion. Look, I agree he didn't play well, but there is no way you could say he was worse than Pedro. And I like Pedro.

Same, and Pedro might be my favourite player. Thiago too had a really poor game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just realized he'd be incredible as a wingback/right midfielder for Juve.

Spot on. If we played 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 like Juve, both him and Alba would thrive. But where do you find 3 solid defenders these days, we barely have one that looks decent.

barcanuck

How about instead of a toothless Pedro play him in RW like Pep used to in some games. I can't belive we haven't tried this yet.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
How about instead of a toothless Pedro play him in RW like Pep used to in some games. I can't belive we haven't tried this yet.

I can believe it actually... Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't remember playing Dani as RW having good results under Pep (see the defeat at Camp Nou against RM in La Liga)... The good things about Dani are (were?) his overlapping runs giving us an extra man in attack and the element of surprise, and by moving him up the pitch both those aspects are suppressed...

Bigger teams have figured out this plan, so they have midfielders and even forwards chase him down when he attacks (even Cristina tracked back to mark him), effectively reducing his impact on the game, not to mention Dani isn't known for his finishing in front of goal, so playing him RW would mainly solve defensive issues, which could (and should) also be solved by balancing the wingback attacking plan and front line pressure...

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Spot on. If we played 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 like Juve, both him and Alba would thrive. But where do you find 3 solid defenders these days, we barely have one that looks decent.

True, and our midfield isn't really suitable for the job either. It would be difficult to put Iniesta, Xavi and/or Cesc as well as Busquets in that formation without making it defensively suspect. But then again we already concede every game... Might be worth a try in the future, but I think we'd need someone like Vidal in midfield.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I can believe it actually... Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't remember playing Dani as RW having good results under Pep (see the defeat at Camp Nou against RM in La Liga)... The good things about Dani are (were?) his overlapping runs giving us an extra man in attack and the element of surprise, and by moving him up the pitch both those aspects are suppressed...

Bigger teams have figured out this plan, so they have midfielders and even forwards chase him down when he attacks (even Cristina tracked back to mark him), effectively reducing his impact on the game, not to mention Dani isn't known for his finishing in front of goal, so playing him RW would mainly solve defensive issues, which could (and should) also be solved by balancing the wingback attacking plan and front line pressure...

I agree but I'd say he could be fairly useful as a winger because of his crossing and desire to be involved in the play. Even as a fullback, he is almost 3x more involved in our attack than Pedro and always wants the ball (sometimes more than he should, especially for a defender) so if he isn't tied down to his "defensive duties" then he could really be menacing for us in attack.

Home of Barca Fans