Daniel Alves

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't want to be negative or anything, be we should be thinking in off loading him at the end of the season... He was horrible tonight, even if he managed to get an assist...

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Both wingbacks were very poor today. But if people think they should unload Dani before Alba, think again. Dani even while bad, is still twice the defender Alba is. I'd sooner find a replacement for Alba than for Dani.

Meitux

He's surely not the same player he used to be, after all he was bad last season and just continued the same average way. He never was THAT good defensively, he's an attacking minded full back as is Alba and considering Alba's performances as ATTACKING MINDED i insist on that its , and his age its Alves that has to make way. We need one fullback with better defensive abilities and not going forward at the same time, simply just like it was with Abidal.

Last edited:

Jelboo

Alves has never faltered in being an attacking threat. His crosses are incredible inconsistent though... and his defending is abysmal recently. Playing Alba and Alves together is just asking for it.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I still think as the whole package, Dani is still better than Alba. Alba is just a complete liability on defense. I agree Alba is better right now going forward.

Meitux

Yeah but they are both attacking minded we can't change it, thats how you can judge two attacking fullbacks that are not the best defensively. You can say Alves is better defensively just in comparison with Alba, but generally he's not good either. So we can't just keep Alves cause he will never play a more defensive way and he's not the best defensively. The best thing to do is keep Alba who is performing better as attacking minded and because Alves keeps on bringing nothing special to our attack needs to be removed in order for someone better defensively to play.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why not just tell Alba to play a bit deeper? Not bomb forward that much. It will surely help a bit.

JamDav1982

I still think as the whole package, Dani is still better than Alba. Alba is just a complete liability on defense. I agree Alba is better right now going forward.

Totally agree, Alba is one of the most clue less full backs around when it comes to defending.

Despite the flack Alves gets for his defending he at least has a basic idea of where to position himself etc.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yeah but they are both attacking minded we can't change it, thats how you can judge two attacking fullbacks that are not the best defensively. You can say Alves is better defensively just in comparison with Alba, but generally he's not good either. So we can't just keep Alves cause he will never play a more defensive way and he's not the best defensively. The best thing to do is keep Alba who is performing better as attacking minded and because Alves keeps on bringing nothing special to our attack needs to be removed in order for someone better defensively to play.

Frankly I'd sell both of them if you have a mind to sell any. If you told me right now, "I'll give you 20M for one of your starting wingbacks, any one you choose", I'd sell Alba before I'd sell Dani.

As a matter of fact, Adriano IMO is a better option at left back than Alba. Gives you offense and is substantially better at defense. I believe Tata feels this way too. He likes Adriano more. He just is too injury prone to be reliable.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Racist chants against him in the game.

Very, very sad and disappointing stuff from the idiots who did it.

Why cant some people learn............

XaviMessiGirl

Racist chants against him in the game.

Very, very sad and disappointing stuff from the idiots who did it.

Why cant some people learn............

Both Spain & Italy need to take major steps by banning people who do this permanently from stadiums, it's the only way to get this shit to stop. Disgusting behavior.

Home of Barca Fans