Daniel Alves

lostchild

Who, Montoya? Is there a crescendo in his performances? I think not. He can make one OK game and be our worst player in the next three. Not that promising.

did he ever play 4 straight games?

any player, specially RB in our horrible line of defense, would fail to shine if he doesnt get a real chance to play repetitively

i remember when Bartra got one chance to play and wasnt that amazing, people were already talking about never letting him play again.

Indignado

He's the best of what he have. If we spend a shit load of money and we buy a brilliant right back, then yes, we can let Alves go. Until then, he's a key player for us, even in his 30's. Check how many games did Alves start so far. I reckon over 90% of them. If Montoya was that good, don't you think he would have played more? The fact is, and Tata seems to agree with me, Montoya is not that big of a prospect for us. He may be a decent backup, but not the solution. Not yet and maybe not ever.

Lol. I bet you would have said the same thing about Bartra a few weeks ago and now he's outperformed Piqué in every game this season. You have too much blind faith in the coaching staff, they have a lot of pressure and they're trying to stick to the usual as long as everything is fine instead of changing something and risking messing it up. Tata is no different. When Alves is injured and Montoya actually gets to play some back-to-back games, we'll talk again, up until then it's simply unfair to treat a player who never even plays equally to our regulars.

DavidVillano1

Semi doesn't have come out with some astounding comments that are wide of the mark. This comment and the one about Falcao recently. Wow indeed....

footyfan

Calma, calma
Yeah, wow, look how stupid and wrong I am. Go ahead, click the tab that says defensive, see what it says.

Edit:

We have the highest rating overall of performances (7.49), hence we're at the top of that list. When you change tabs, it still keeps the same order, thus it seems that barca is the best defensively but it's not. If you sort by shots conceded (which I think is a good measure of defensive performance), we're 9th.

Last edited:

Meitux

No, our defense is utter crap. That's why we're among the only two teams to have won all games this season.
Well i don't mind saying that our wins didn't depend on our defence, that's clear seriously. Our best defence is attack and our way of winning games has been scoring like 3 or more to secure a game, other than that we are always in danger of concending and even getting equalised, and also Valdes with his monster form this season has saved us in many occasions.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
When you consider that only two teams besides us (Roma and Atletico) are undefeated, the other teams may have conceded less shots per game but they still lost/drew games that we didn't. We've been better than Roma in every way defensively, while Atletico have had more of everything, both good things and bad (shots conceded and fouls vs. tackles and interceptions).

Well i don't mind saying that our wins didn't depend on our defence, that's clear seriously. Our best defence is attack

Best defense ≠ Best four/three/five defenders

and also Valdes with his monster form this season has saved us in many occasions.

That's his role in the starting XI. That shouldn't be seen as an excuse for other teams not winning.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Maybe it's because we've been awesome going forward and at scoring goals....

Also, Roma have conceded 1 goal in 7 games while Bayern have conceded 3 in 8 games. We've conceded 6 in 8 games, same as Atletico.

Home of Barca Fans