Daniel Alves

JamDav1982

Good crosses are to be resulted in something good, at least an attack a chance something if not a goal. I don't deny anything from today but still for me it's pointless to do so if it doesnt have prospects of getting something out of it. People are complaining about crossing to midgets, why should he cross to midgets then if from those crosses only very few will come into a result?

No people are saying that it is harder to hit 'a midget' than a tall CF even if you are aiming for them.

Do you just ignore all the important gaols he has set up with crosses or the fact his stats compare to the other top full backs?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Good crosses are to be resulted in something good, at least an attack a chance something if not a goal. I don't deny anything from today but still for me it's pointless to do so if it doesnt have prospects of getting something out of it. People are complaining about crossing to midgets, why should he cross to midgets then if from those crosses only very few will come into a result?

A good cross is a cross that gives your attacker a chance at goal. If the attacker cannot hit it cleanly, or if the defender wins the tussle, that is not on the crosser. Alves is not a bad crosser, far from it. He is good for one awful cross per game where he just overshoots everyone, but he often puts the cross in position for his attackers to have a shot at it.

Meitux

No people are saying that it is harder to hit 'a midget' than a tall CF even if you are aiming for them.

Do you just ignore all the important gaols he has set up with crosses or the fact his stats compare to the other top full backs?
No im not ignoring them but the point is that even his crosses are good, that's the one part the other one is get a result out of it and as i said not every time a goal but at least creat something, a chance. I'm not against the idea of that if it would eventuatelly happen sometimes. But if our players can't get the end on those crosses it's pointless.

JamDav1982

No im not ignoring them but the point is that even his crosses are good, that's the one part the other one is get a result out of it and as i said not every time a goal but at least creat something, a chance. I'm not against the idea of that if it would eventuatelly happen sometimes. But if our players can't get the end on those crosses it's pointless.

But the facts show that more players get on the end of his crosses than the vast majority of the other top fullbacks out there.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Cant believe some people saying that defended well and was just out of position. Positioning is a part of defending.

He wasn't out of position. Watch the replay. That was a bad loss of possession by the midfield, and Alves was in good position to cover it, he went to meet the ball carrier and he passed the ball forward. Alves was just too slow to recover after that.

The only thing you can question is the decision to go forward and meet the ball carrier because that left him in an awkward position.

But if you question that, you must also question the midfield losing the ball and being slow to provide help in coverage, and you must also question Pique not providing help for Alves quickly enough.

He had a good game apart from this play. He made several tackles and cut several balls.

serghei

And this is good how exactly? He's a goddamn right back.

No. He is not just a goddamn right back, he is a player that has many offensive duties. Once you understand that you'll be able to cut him some slack. He makes up for his errors and then some with his offensive vision - check the pass for Sergi Roberto.

BarçAjax8

Dani Alves doesn't deserve to start on this team anymore.
Why Tata would play a returning from injury player over a match-fit player is beyond me. Montoya isn't the best and has a lot to improve but Dani isn't any better than him. A lot of blame continues to fall on Pique but look at who he's surrounded by: Alves & Mascherano. How many times have we conceded on counters from Dani's side and he is nowhere to be found on screen? How many times are we hit on the counter and Mascherano attempts a slide tackle leaving Pique alone. Both happened again today, 1 resulting in a goal (the first one) and if it wasn't for Busquets last second tackle probably a 3rd conceded.

We just have to face it that Dani isn't the RB he was from 2008-2012. Our backline isn't as strong as those years either and Dani's downfall is one of those reasons. Jordi Alba is our new attacking fullback so we need a right sided Abidal to compliment him.

Home of Barca Fans