Daniel Alves

Merv

One of the commentators at ESPN was talking about his distribution being poor and the fact that he rarely looks up before crossing one in the box. It wasn't until they mentioned every time it happened that I realized how frequently it was happening. That and the fact there wasn't a player there to receive it.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
He can be head down at times with his crossing, but other times he'll look to pick a player out. He was dangerous going forward last night but he was leaving huge gaps for Almeria all the time.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I've been saying it the whole season, his crosses are horrible, is just that he makes so many of them that once in a while he gets an assist and everything is fine...

Not bashing the guy, he's awesome, he just needs to be more calm when crossing the ball, it looks like he's always on a rush to get rid of the ball...

Samuel Eto'o

I've been saying it the whole season, his crosses are horrible, is just that he makes so many of them that once in a while he gets an assist and everything is fine...

Not bashing the guy, he's awesome, he just needs to be more calm when crossing the ball, it looks like he's always on a rush to get rid of the ball...

the problem is he has to make 10 before we get a goal or a corner. he simply gives the ball away most times.

H

Hussain

Have you seen Xabi Alonso own-goal in Sevilla match ? I think Alves have to use low crosses more , we don't have tall players in the box except Ibra , added to Alves not looking before crossing . Low crosses inside the box is much better option , until Keita is back.

samg85

He got lucky that he didn't receive a yellow card or get sent off for his dive in the penalty box.

Merv

I noticed he was verbally reprimanded instead of booked for the diving. Don't get me started on the referee though....

On a positive note, I read this over on AS.

However, Alves has encouraged his colleagues to "rise above all that because football is a mental issue, if you are strong you get reach the top and if not, you're on the road." It's time, according to Alves' more than ever, "" be strong mentally and not be influenced by everything that comes from without absorbing the good and evil, kick some ass. "

(Pardon the translation but I have to rely on what's available)

:alves: is such a badass..... lol

Home of Barca Fans