Daniel Alves

L

linetty

alvesalves-twitter_20512706.jpg

:facepalm:

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I hope people will get off his back now and realise that it was down to the coach and last year's system that exposed Alves defensively. He is a class player and for me, still the best rwb in the world. In regards to the crossing debate, what the stats fail to describe is what type of crosses he was making in the various seasons. High balls into the box, as in last year, or low ones from inside the box once he had cut inside the full back?

barcanuck

I hope people will get off his back now and realise that it was down to the coach and last year's system that exposed Alves defensively. He is a class player and for me, still the best rwb in the world. In regards to the crossing debate, what the stats fail to describe is what type of crosses he was making in the various seasons. High balls into the box, as in last year, or low ones from inside the box once he had cut inside the full back?

last year he had a few nagging injuries as well he performed pretty good at times but I still see very lazy give aways from him which is what worries me the most. Since he lost a step in speed they are more magnified but Lucho has inspired him to be one of the leaders and earn his last year and maybe an extra year. More than anything he was lacking motivation under Tito and Tata. A rebirth of Alves would make a lot of us happy !

CuleLife4Life

Alves was also benched at the World Cup for a 33 yr old Maicon.

Either way I do hope he has a Puyol-like insurgence. I don't believe age is a hindrance especially for defensive players but he just needs to stay focused. Hopefully Lucho helps him with that.

JamDav1982

Either way I do hope he has a Puyol-like insurgence. I don't believe age is a hindrance especially for defensive players but he just needs to stay focused. Hopefully Lucho helps him with that.

Benching Alves looked like a poor decision as Maicon was absolutely terrible.

Rakitic will be the key for Alves going by games so far.

Alves is hardly a "defensive player". In fact, seeing as stamina and pace were huge parts of his game back in his prime, I'd say age affects him more than most players.

Cule4life

The Culest
Why do people bring that up? Brazil got thrashed once they benched Alves, if anything it makes a stronger case for Alves not against him.

No it means both Alves and Maicon were crap. Scolari who never changes his lineup benched Alves. That says something. Still i hope Dani does well

Home of Barca Fans