Daniel Alves

Alarcón

A testament to how shit City is in general. Scored more goals against them than he had in the rest of the season combined.

Takes nothing away from his performance in those matches, he was brilliant in offense against City, and they're not worse than Levante or Osasuna. For me it just shows that if he had the right attitude, he could still be world class, but he doesn't seem to.

Ursegor

World Champion
I wouldn't have the right attitude either if my employers basically told me: "We don't actually want you here but we're not allowed to get a replacement for you either right now. But hey, we're appealing against the ban so there is some chance you can GTFO here soon. But if not - what about ... ahm ... staying here for 1 more season and then GTFO?"

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I wouldn't have the right attitude either if my employers basically told me: "We don't actually want you here but we're not allowed to get a replacement for you either right now. But hey, we're appealing against the ban so there is some chance you can GTFO here soon. But if not - what about ... ahm ... staying here for 1 more season and then GTFO?"

BTW we'll be giving you shitloads of money for doing whatever you like.

Galning

Plus, the people you'll be competing with for the starting spot are a Brazilian RB that nobody's ever heard of and a canterano who we want to get rid off even more than you.

Morten

Footballers gets way to much sympathy in general i would say. Yeah they might have problems sometimes, but damn, for that wage i could deal with a bit off suffering to.

Galning

Footballers gets way to much sympathy in general i would say. Yeah they might have problems sometimes, but damn, for that wage i could deal with a bit off suffering to.
That's a poor argument. It's not because you get paid a lot that you can't be annoyed, irritated, feel sad, whatever,... with the way you've been treated.

Stric

Regardless of the Alves situation, it's not necessarily a poor argument. People aren't even aware of how many of those instances when you get annoyed, irritated, sad, depressed, etc. are a direct or indirect result of financial problems. Even when it doesn't seem that it's about money, there's still a pretty good chance that money is a part of the problem. It isn't the answer to everything, but when you don't have to think about finances at all, you've got a pretty good part of average-Joe everyday problems solved. For the sake of argument, that same situation could be happening to a player (or an employee of some other kind) who hasn't been paid in months. Who would you expect to take it better?

Yugi

5af1d95f04f8f0c14ba11a1e5e7c441d26c648d75d95a4c488b0b1a56345933e.jpg

Irish_Cules

Could you imagine the amount of damage Dani would do with the amount of space he is given nowadays if he was at his Sevilla/early Barca level? It's sad to see him decline like this because some people will remember him as the player he is now rather than what he used to be. He was easily the most exciting full back I had ever seen, especially at Sevilla. Even when the pitch was stacked with attacking talent he was the most exciting and energetic player on the field.

Home of Barca Fans