Daniel Alves

e28makaveli

We are Barca.
There are surely Rbs who are better defensively than him.

But again, we need a strong defence only a few times per Season against Real, Atletico and in a CL.
In 80-90% of other matches against midtable and bottomtable la liga teams, we need a midfielder-like Rb, like Alves.

Plus, even when we need a defense, Dani can still play awesome.

The same as why Busi, or even Sergi Roberto play much better than Masch as a Dmc in our build up, especially against Cordobas and similar teams.

So, imo, even if in general there are overally better RBs, that doesn't mean that they are more suitable for our style when we dominate against 80% of "weaker" opponents, and where technical, link-up and build-up skills are far more important than tackling, tracking back or heading, for example.

Well said. Dani is part of the genetic make-up of this team. There is no other well rounded RB out there as good as Dani Alves. He reads the game well, does well defensively and is a tremendous asset going forward. We are an attacking force first which makes Dani a much better fit. One of the favourite players on this team.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I've been very critical of him, but his last two months have been superlative... Sure, some hiccups in defense here and there but nothing too outrageous...

I think he has worked hard enough for the renewal, hopefully he keeps it up after he gets it...

J

Jamie Cal

Don't worry about his renewal - he loves the club, and he's vital to our team, it will happen.

I used to think we needed a real big name RB signing, but Dani has been utterly brilliant this season. I hope we bring in Bellerin next year (and his parents tell the cattle thief where to go), keep Dani has the starter for another year while Hector plays the rotation-role. It'd be great to have another La Masia kid in the team and he looks really promising. And, of course, Monty's gotta go.

Thanks :alves:, you did amazing this season, thanks for everything and Congratulations my friend!!!!!!!!! Get used to winning trophies this season!

serghei

He'll be stupid not to sign it. It's clear he's a major influence in the locker room and that he has many friends inside the team. Why walk away from that? You can always sign a +1 extension, at any time. And if he plays like this he'll have no major problem in finding a top team even at 34. Hell, Evra is 34 and plays a CL final with Juve. Alves is excellent from a physical standpoint.

Home of Barca Fans