Daniel Alves

Sunny Mir

It will be hard to find someone who will link up so extraordinarily well with messi. His anticipation of bernats heavy touch was very good which in turn lead to the 1st goal. Very very solid game.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Who is better than him? Goal made a poll and guess who won it, - Lahm:lol:, although he doesn't even play there anymore, Carvahjal is different, he's fast, good with crosses, although Alves' dribbling, playmaking skills are superior, Ivanovic is a totally defensive RB, Danilo still has a lot to prove.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Who is better than him? Goal made a poll and guess who won it, - Lahm:lol:, although he doesn't even play there anymore, Carvahjal is different, he's fast, good with crosses, although Alves' dribbling, playmaking skills are superior I think, Ivanovic is a totally defensive RB, Danilo still has a lot to prove.

Lahm was better than him I think. Though Dani has that extra spark going forward. It's hard to compare now because both players have dipped..

BBZ8800

Who is better than him? Goal made a poll and guess who won it, - Lahm:lol:, although he doesn't even play there anymore, Carvahjal is different, he's fast, good with crosses, although Alves' dribbling, playmaking skills are superior, Ivanovic is a totally defensive RB, Danilo still has a lot to prove.

We are Barca.
There are surely Rbs who are better defensively than him.

But again, we need a strong defence only a few times per Season against Real, Atletico and in a CL.
In 80-90% of other matches against midtable and bottomtable la liga teams, we need a midfielder-like Rb, like Alves.

Plus, even when we need a defense, Dani can still play awesome.

The same as why Busi, or even Sergi Roberto play much better than Masch as a Dmc in our build up, especially against Cordobas and similar teams.

So, imo, even if in general there are overally better RBs, that doesn't mean that they are more suitable for our style when we dominate against 80% of "weaker" opponents, and where technical, link-up and build-up skills are far more important than tackling, tracking back or heading, for example.

PhilS

That's how you negotiate for a new contract, that's how you prove you are not too old. Between the way he's been playing late this season, and Messi officially recognizing him as his best friend on the team, I'm sure that FC Barca will now do what it takes to re-sign him.

Rudey

What a season he's having... definitely better than his last. Should be in the FIFPro team of the year in my eyes.

Dinho

Big game raiser. Especially in Europe. He was flawless against Bayern the other night.

I hope United sign him on a two year deal, but you would be crazy to let him go just yet. You can get another good season out of him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He was great but not flawless, let's be clear...Had a few dangerous lapses in the first quarter hour of the 2nd half, one of which very nearly could've seen him sent off and/or Bayern getting on the scoresheet first

StarLord

I know he fucks up sometimes (PSG, almost once tonight) But he is still heavily involved in our game. As for his crosses, the problem is that he finds himself isolated on the right wing quite often and he has little choice but to cross the ball, otherwise he will just lose it to the opposition and then they can counter. He needs more back-up.

That was then.

Massive season from him, especially the 2nd half in which he has demonstrated extreme maturity as well as a newfound energy. Best RB on the planet this season for me, just like he was a few years back.

Observer

Banned
Another top-notch performance Dani, class

You are proving every hater wrong so far in the most important matches of the season

Hope you get renewed soon.

Home of Barca Fans