Daniel Alves

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm one of Alves biggest fans and I'll be sad the day he leaves. BUT, I understand that the board hesitates and the tricky situation we're in - for next season Alves might be fine, but the season after that is risky. Either he will maintain his level, or we'll lose shitloads of money because we won't be able to sell/loan him (who would want him if he has a bad season?). Just throwing money at him because he HAS been an integral part of the team is not the way to go - such is football, 30+ and you're slowly phased out.

Stric

I'm one of Alves biggest fans and I'll be sad the day he leaves. BUT, I understand that the board hesitates and the tricky situation we're in - for next season Alves might be fine, but the season after that is risky. Either he will maintain his level, or we'll lose shitloads of money because we won't be able to sell/loan him (who would want him if he has a bad season?). Just throwing money at him because he HAS been an integral part of the team is not the way to go - such is football, 30+ and you're slowly phased out.

Not only is he at a critical age, which increases the possibility of him declining, but he has also had long stretches of bad form before he reached this age. From the club's perspective, another season would be fine, even if he ended up being way below his current level, especially because of the transfer ban. But two or more seasons is a huge risk for the club.

Antimadridista1

Do you guys really think that there's still a chance ?

Dani asked for a better offer from the club during his press conference and RAC1 reported that Bartomeu isn't gonna make a new one.
It's over in my opinion. Dani's game on saturday will be his last for our club unfortunately.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Dani is popular in dressing doom and Messi just praised him yesterday. Bartomeu is facing elections and won't be made out as bad guy even if he's right.
In short: I think Dani will get what he demands

dakt

It's clear when he gives his best that no one can touch him. Last couple of games he was mesmerizing.
If he can provide that through out the season, he should get what he demands.

If he leaves it will be horrible for himself and the team. If all Dani cares about is money then so be it. I still feel barca should give him what he wants but whatever. Footballing wise Alves will perform worse for everyone except maybe Bayern. He will get killed at ManU. he needs to be on a team that has the majority of possession.

Home of Barca Fans