Daniel Alves

J

Jordzibob

Right, if we had to lose Alves or one Xavi/Messi/Iniesta it's clearly be a tossup...

Added to the fact all three are amazingly consistent (and on another level abilitywise) and Alves.....isnt? This will be miscontrued as a horrible attack by Jordzi on another one of our players, but whatever. Sometimes he is absolutely shocking. 80% of the time he's absolutely brilliant (I'm gonna ignore his cheating in this post) but other times he can have reaaaaaaaaallly bad days. That said, I woudlnt trade him for another RB in the world apart from Lahm, but yeh, there isnt a comparism between those 3 and Alves, lol.

Elite-BkD

Think less simplistically, think Gestalt

Of course, if all you were saying was that on any given day, every player on the pitch is equally important in making the team as a whole function precisely so, and that without any given one of them the team would be different, then yeah, no shit, thanks for stating nothing. I think my interpretation was pretty clear and reasonable; you agreed that he's irreplaceable, and to the same extent of any other player (latter part was implied rather than outright stated, but still..) and he definitely isn't as those three I mentioned are plainly more valuable assets than Alves.

By the by, would you care to elaborate on what Gestalt refers to and how you think it applies here? O.O

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Of course, if all you were saying was that on any given day, every player on the pitch is equally important in making the team as a whole function precisely so, and that without any given one of them the team would be different, then yeah, no shit, thanks for stating nothing.

You're welcome

I think my interpretation was pretty clear and reasonable; you agreed that he's irreplaceable, and to the same extent of any other player (latter part was implied rather than outright stated, but still..) and he definitely isn't as those three I mentioned are plainly more valuable assets than Alves.

By the by, would you care to elaborate on what Gestalt refers to and how you think it applies here? O.O

Whole greater than the sum of it's parts, it's rather elementary really...Individually, perhaps you can compile a list of RBs that are 'the best' on the planet, atm...I wouldn't even hazard a guess where Dani might go on that list...But in terms of how this hydra of a team would perform with just about any other RB replacing Dani, I'd say it would be a shadow of the side we see today...Same would go for Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc....It's too simplistic to make it out to be Messi vs Dani etc. but rather understand that Gestalt view is that you can't merely rank them in terms of importance

The collective...If it helps, think Borg :lol:

Elite-BkD

Whole greater than the sum of it's parts, it's rather elementary really...Individually, perhaps you can compile a list of RBs that are 'the best' on the planet, atm...I wouldn't even hazard a guess where Dani might go on that list...But in terms of how this hydra of a team would perform with just about any other RB replacing Dani, I'd say it would be a shadow of the side we see today...Same would go for Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc....It's too simplistic to make it out to be Messi vs Dani etc. but rather understand that Gestalt view is that you can't merely rank them in terms of importance

The collective...If it helps, think Borg :lol:

w/r/t italic bit: Of course it is, that doesn't mean you can't compare the parts, and you surely can in this context.

w/r/t bold bit: I don't mean to be rude (although I don't care if I am, perhap due to very recent alcohol consumption) but there's no other way to put this...that is exceptionally dumb. Dumb as in stupid, retarded, idiotic, etc etc. Unless of course we have completely different views on what it means to be 'a shadow of the side..'

w/r/t the notion that you can't rank them in terms of importance: Of-fucking-course you can, Messi is more important than Alves. So is Xavi, so is Iniesta.
Also: If you can't rank them in terms of importance, how can you call Alves as important as any other Barca player? Wouldn't that not make any sense?

w/r/t "...it's rather elementary really": Pretentious? MOI?!?

P.S. Are you quite sure you're properly familiar with the Gestalt Effect and all that fun stuff?

blah blah blah..the steaming pile of shit my dog just put in the snow is well aware that Messi is more important for FCB than Alves.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
w/r/t italic bit: Of course it is, that doesn't mean you can't compare the parts, and you surely can in this context.

When you quote, it's all italic so I guess I can safely assume that when you talk about dumb, you're speaking from experience

w/r/t bold bit: I don't mean to be rude (although I don't care if I am, perhap due to very recent alcohol consumption) but there's no other way to put this...that is exceptionally dumb. Dumb as in stupid, retarded, idiotic, etc etc. Unless of course we have completely different views on what it means to be 'a shadow of the side..'

Well, that's a pretty compelling response, chalk full of insightful points

w/r/t the notion that you can't rank them in terms of importance: Of-fucking-course you can, Messi is more important than Alves. So is Xavi, so is Iniesta.
Also: If you can't rank them in terms of importance, how can you call Alves as important as any other Barca player? Wouldn't that not make any sense?

It's a team game, you take out key parts of that team - that team doesn't function like it can/should...I don't need you to accept that as a truth, all you have to do is see how different that team looks when key members of that team are not in the XI

He's as important as any other player, for me, simply because he is not only a world class RB but a helluva linkup winger to compliment the world's greatest player...The linkup between those two, I believe, is as instinctive and natural as any other two players on the squad

P.S. Are you quite sure you're properly familiar with the Gestalt Effect and all that fun stuff?

I've concluded that if you aren't familiar with the fact that you don't need to sandwich wrt with '/', it's unlikely you'd be able to understand the concept of Gestalt

blah blah blah..the steaming pile of shit my dog just put in the snow is well aware that Messi is more important for FCB than Alves.

There you go, at least we know you're still 14 years old...And, sure, I said Dani is better than Messi...Take a logic class if you get out of highschool, deductive reasoning could save your life

Elite-BkD

When you quote, it's all italic so I guess I can safely assume that when you talk about dumb, you're speaking from experience

LOL nice, I think you could have stopped right there and it would have been enough in all fairness.
Anyhow, sorry about the prickish nature of that post and all that, not that it seems to have bothered you too much but still, that was pretty weaksauce ;/
I think we can stop this line of argument here though, it feels like we're not even talking about the same thing here ~.~

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
LOL nice, I think you could have stopped right there and it would have been enough in all fairness.
Anyhow, sorry about the prickish nature of that post and all that, not that it seems to have bothered you too much but still, that was pretty weaksauce ;/
I think we can stop this line of argument here though, it feels like we're not even talking about the same thing here ~.~

:okay:

Cheers :beer2:

El Mesías

If barca signed the new sponsor and still can't afford to meet his demand for a new contract. then i ot nothing more to say

W

woobie

I'm not sure his new salary demands are reasonable. Should he really be paid as much as Xavi?

Home of Barca Fans