Daniel Alves

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Why are players so money hungry? What difference does a few million make when you already make money in the 10-20 mill range? I don't understand..

Hard to understand unless you're able to make millions, I'm afraid...In an ideal world, no it wouldn't make much difference because, after all, how much money does a person really need, right?

But we don't live in that world and, frankly, I think it would be pretty hypocritical of many to fault athletes from trying to get the best deal possible they can get...They don't play forever and the clubs & TV etc. make a ton of money off of them, why shouldn't they profit from the thing they do, as well?

Important to remember that he's not asking for Messi money either and if reports are true of how far down the payroll he actually is, I think a bumper payday is definitely in the cards for him...I know the issue of the 2nd tier of Xavi & Iniesta money seems to be implausible to many but the truth is that's precisely where I'd put him in terms of the hierarchy of the club...He's that good, IMO...He's that important to the club

F

Flavia

Hard to understand unless you're able to make millions, I'm afraid...In an ideal world, no it wouldn't make much difference because, after all, how much money does a person really need, right?

But we don't live in that world and, frankly, I think it would be pretty hypocritical of many to fault athletes from trying to get the best deal possible they can get...They don't play forever and the clubs & TV etc. make a ton of money off of them, why shouldn't they profit from the thing they do, as well?

Important to remember that he's not asking for Messi money either and if reports are true of how far down the payroll he actually is, I think a bumper payday is definitely in the cards for him...I know the issue of the 2nd tier of Xavi & Iniesta money seems to be implausible to many but the truth is that's precisely where I'd put him in terms of the hierarchy of the club...He's that good, IMO...He's that important to the club

He is, but I read that the main concern is, if alves got a raise to xavi-iniesta money, that Puyol, Pique and VV could also want the same raise. So 6 mil won't happen. It's 5 or city.

Twizku

The Twizmeister
I agree with FCBarca. It's hard to understand why they want all the money because we don't make millions. I would probably also want to make the best deal possible.
I also read an article ( sorry, don't remember from where ) on this. It went something along the line of that a footballer's career is relatively short. It's about 10-15 years on the top. They want to make the most of it before it's too late.

How much does Alves actually want/how much do Xavi and Iniesta make?

F

Flavia

I agree with FCBarca. It's hard to understand why they want all the money because we don't make millions. I would probably also want to make the best deal possible.
I also read an article ( sorry, don't remember from where ) on this. It went something along the line of that a footballer's career is relatively short. It's about 10-15 years on the top. They want to make the most of it before it's too late.

How much does Alves actually want/how much do Xavi and Iniesta make?

It's

1 - Messi (don't know how much, 9 or 10 maybe?)
2 - Xavi, Iniesta, Villa - 6 millions
3 - Pique, Puyol, Vv - 5 mil

Dani is getting 3 mil right now.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He is, but I read that the main concern is, if alves got a raise to xavi-iniesta money, that Puyol, Pique and VV could also want the same raise. So 6 mil won't happen. It's 5 or city.

Puyol & Victor aren't going to get that kind of money...Pique might but not at his current form, I'm afraid...Pique is key as are everyone really but in terms of 'value' you have to go by who can be replaced, particularly from the cantera...Puyol is in the twilight of his career while Pique is just starting out...Victor deserves to be paid among the highest in Spain but keepers rarely get big money unless they are Iker or Buffon

Dani, on the other hand, who could replace him?

F

Flavia

Puyol & Victor aren't going to get that kind of money...Pique might but not at his current form, I'm afraid...Pique is key as are everyone really but in terms of 'value' you have to go by who can be replaced, particularly from the cantera...Puyol is in the twilight of his career while Pique is just starting out...Victor deserves to be paid among the highest in Spain but keepers rarely get big money unless they are Iker or Buffon

Dani, on the other hand, who could replace him?

But if Dani'd get that much, they could want that as well, regardless of getting it or not. That could be a problem, or it's just an excuse to see if Dani takes the 5 mil, who knows.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
But if Dani'd get that much, they could want that as well, regardless of getting it or not. That could be a problem, or it's just an excuse to see if Dani takes the 5 mil, who knows.

That's always the risk, of course, but we're talking about Catalans vs 'foreigners' at the club...Foreign players are far more likely to take the 'I want more money' ploy & actually leave...Catalans, less so, IMO...Plus, I don't think the likes of Puyol, Valdes or Pique have the leverage to really play that money game with the club

alex 10

dani can f**k off if he wants that much money he is very important to our team but his just a right back if we can get a player like malcon or lahm is it that bad
alves has a good stamina and gets in to good positions but a lot off timed he does something stupid

W

woobie

Gonna make myself unpopular by saying this but I still don't think Dani deserves as much in salary as Xavi/Iniesta.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well, I am comforted by these words from Pep regarding the latest impasse over Dani's renewal:

"Negotiations are not broken. He has one year left on his contract, this season & the next and sooner or later they will fix it, I have a feeling that he will be here for many years."

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans