Daniel Alves

kozza

He is so useless in attack, he didn't tracked back and he left a highway for Bale, a good coach would have given him a defensive role like Abidal was.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Has he come out and blamed the fans yet?

Sort of... He said something like: "When you win you are useful, but when you lose you are a piece of shit, from now on everything will be critics and I will be there to take them..." So take what you want from it...

Zangash

Banned
I refuse to believe he only sent in 10 crosses. Maybe 10 in the first half. Maybe. Every single time he got the ball he either crossed it or lost it and made us concede a goal.

People saying Montoya isn't anywhere near ready to start for Barca- why not? Do you see what we have right now? The only way it could be worse is if Montoya completely disappears, which in of itself might be better than what we're getting from Alves, as at least then we won't be giving him the ball to cross...

iceon

As a Brazilian I'm hoping to see Maicon start, but at the same time something tells me it's Tata who's asking for that ball to be whipped into the area consistently. I think we might see a different Dani for Brazil, but as of his form right now, I wouldn't even bring him to the World Cup. Maicon and Rafinha are steps ahead of this guy at the moment.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
As a Brazilian I'm hoping to see Maicon start, but at the same time something tells me it's Tata who's asking for that ball to be whipped into the area consistently. I think we might see a different Dani for Brazil, but as of his form right now, I wouldn't even bring him to the World Cup. Maicon and Rafinha are steps ahead of this guy at the moment.

No coach can be so stupid to ask a guy to constantly put in crosses to 170 cm players in hope one might fly like Cristiano and get them

iceon

No coach can be so stupid to ask a guy to constantly put in crosses to 170 cm players in hope one might fly like Cristiano and get them

Problem is Alba was also crossing, there's been a lot of crossing from everyone. It's not only Alves. I think he deserved more criticism for the fact that he's lost a leg in his running as well as being to slow with the ball. But there's no way he decided one day to start crossing it 50 times a game like he has lately. It must be down to instructions.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
He should defend more and run less into attack, if he was defending maybe we haven't conceded those 2 goals, Alexis can play on that wing and do useless crosses (if he played instead of Fabregas).

Cule4life

The Culest
He is past it. Thinks he is bigger than the club and does whatever he wants. Time to cash in and get some of that seemingly endless oil money. Hopefully we use his overhyping and overrating by the media to get 20m from P$G. But with :zubi: 10m would be over optimistic

Heavy

He was never that great at defending when the team is being pressured, but leaving him alone without cover against di maria or Bale is torturing an old man...

If he was crossing against coach orders undoubtedly it would be a snap sub, but then Barca wasn't creating anything in the ground before Fabregas was out and there were frequently players positioning as a post-man so I think he was actually ordered to do that...

iceon

He is past it. Thinks he is bigger than the club and does whatever he wants. Time to cash in and get some of that seemingly endless oil money. Hopefully we use his overhyping and overrating by the media to get 20m from P$G. But with :zubi: 10m would be over optimistic

Harsh, he doesn't think he's bigger than the club, he deserves more respect than being given. It's not his fault Tata persists with him and that there is no one better than Montoya to challenge him. He's getting old and his legs are gone, but it's not like he's stopped caring. This forum has a tendency to blame every failure on someone not caring, maybe just maybe, they're all getting old and the team needs new fresh blood.

Home of Barca Fans