David Luiz

Doobs

The Messiah
There's no doubt he's our best option. Good with the ball and experienced at the top level. A genuinely funny and nice guy too.

Although i'd take Silva over him in a heart beat.

Meitux

There's no doubt he's our best option. Good with the ball and experienced at the top level. A genuinely funny and nice guy too.

He may be the best option for most people and im not saying he is for me,but he is there judging of what our other options are.I just don't like him but we are left only with him or Agger that doesn't convince me tottaly too and players with potential..i wouldn't mind spending us on them rather than pay 46 milion for Luiz.

And seriously who wouldn't take Thiago Silva over him if there was a chance?

mixer

I'd prefer Thiago Silva over anyone, but he's unreachable. Luiz is the best option available and I hope he really wants to join.

Shegzy

for 35million eruros yes but for 45million pounds/52million euros (world record for a defender) a big no

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He is a good defender, albeit not great, but with Mourinho looking to stick it to Barca he's just not going to come for a reasonable price. At 50M Euros this guy is just not worth it.

I continue to insist that the way to get defenders is to buy them young, on the upside, and cheap. You save the big money for the skill players.

I realize Barca have neglected their defense to a point where they now feel they have no choice but to invest heavy on an already established guy. Luiz would be a good choice, but the circumstances are just not agreeable. There is no way, no way at all, you can justify a 40M+ purchase of a defender.

JamDav1982

He is a good defender, albeit not great, but with Mourinho looking to stick it to Barca he's just not going to come for a reasonable price. At 50M Euros this guy is just not worth it.

I continue to insist that the way to get defenders is to buy them young, on the upside, and cheap. You save the big money for the skill players.

I realize Barca have neglected their defense to a point where they now feel they have no choice but to invest heavy on an already established guy. Luiz would be a good choice, but the circumstances are just not agreeable. There is no way, no way at all, you can justify a 40M+ purchase of a defender.

Mourinho is the type of character that would rather 'stick it' to Madrid than Barca I think.

He has that side to him.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Mourinho is the type of character that would rather 'stick it' to Madrid than Barca I think.

He has that side to him.

You're half right IMO.

IMO Mourinho right now has deep disdain for Madrid for what happened there and how he perceives he was treated. He would in fact stick it hard to Madrid if given the opportunity.

However I think even though Mourinho does not have hatred for Barca, in fact I believe he actually respects Barca a lot, he still sees them as his nemesis, as in the one club I always want to beat. By doing this he obviously shows how highly he thinks of Barca.

He would not waste a single opportunity to come ahead in any capacity when it comes to him and Barca.

Last edited:

Xavi_Hernandez

Also, Mourinho and Guardiola had a secret agreement between them. Mourinho let Guardiola win the league title in 2010/2011 for the title in the following season, while Guardiola let Mourinho win the cup title in Jose's first season in Spain for the cup in the next season. Don't forget the Champions League where first Mourinho won and then Guardiola. So it was all planned, because in reality Jose and Pep are still best bros. And very good actors. ^_-

tumblr_l7ujh3umhl1qbbbg8o1_400.png

Beginning of the bromance.

KluivertsBoots

Chelsea wouldn't get 45+ million from PSG or Monaco. Luiz has a market value having transferred for a reasonable ~25 million euro just over two years ago. Chelsea can't demand a king's ransom if Luiz tells them he wants out. If Luiz says (or has said) the magic words to someone, Barça will get these deal done in the mid 30s or less (upper 30s with add-ons at the absolute most).

barcanuck

Chelsea wouldn't get 45+ million from PSG or Monaco. Luiz has a market value having transferred for a reasonable ~25 million euro just over two years ago. Chelsea can't demand a king's ransom if Luiz tells them he wants out. If Luiz says (or has said) the magic words to someone, Barça will get these deal done in the mid 30s or less (upper 30s with add-ons at the absolute most).

Problem is with rich clubs like PSG and Chelsea if Luiz or Silva hint at wanting to leave it's a win win because the owners will just offer them a raise if they don't want to sell them.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Chelsea don't need to sell him, but Barca most definitely needs a top CB. That puts Chelsea in the advantageous negotiating position of being able to ask for him whatever they so desire. Even if Luiz himself has expressed interest in going to Barca, that still means nothing as long as the team is not willing to sell. Look at the Thiago Silva saga for clear proof of this.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Precisely summit^

At this point in the window, it wouldn't matter who we got (Luiz, Agger, Doria, TS) we would still pay well over their supposed market value. It's simple economics, we (Barça) have very inelastic demand bc of how badly we need a CB. As Piqué said recently, only a very select few have the skills necessary to succeed here. Everyone knows this and they can ask as much as they want so we are going to spend a lot regardless.

Furthermore, the market is already heavily inflated anyway. 100+ mil for Bale, 35 for Marquinhos, very few players are reasonably priced within the market bc of how much teams like P$G, Madrid and Monaco can pay players.

45 mil for Luiz, although higher than his actual value, is worth it. He will more than pay us back his worth with good performances and if we are already going to overpay regardless of who we buy, we might as well splash the cash for someone who IMO, is the best possible fit for us.

I will be very happy with our chances of competing on all front if we get Luiz. I would almost guarantee him being a success here.

Shegzy

Precisely summit^

At this point in the window, it wouldn't matter who we got (Luiz, Agger, Doria, TS) we would still pay well over their supposed market value. It's simple economics, we (Barça) have very inelastic demand bc of how badly we need a CB. As Piqué said recently, only a very select few have the skills necessary to succeed here. Everyone knows this and they can ask as much as they want so we are going to spend a lot regardless.

Furthermore, the market is already heavily inflated anyway. 100+ mil for Bale, 35 for Marquinhos, very few players are reasonably priced within the market bc of how much teams like P$G, Madrid and Monaco can pay players.

45 mil for Luiz, although higher than his actual value, is worth it. He will more than pay us back his worth with good performances and if we are already going to overpay regardless of who we buy, we might as well splash the cash for someone who IMO, is the best possible fit for us.

I will be very happy with our chances of competing on all front if we get Luiz. I would almost guarantee him being a success here.

luiz is not worth 45million pounds=52million euros an we pay anything above 35 million euros for him then the board are insane.every transfer is a gamble,so one must try and get a price that is close to the market value and not double it.there is a 50%:50% chance of him succeding or failing. If the only option is 45million pounds for luiz we rather not sign a cb.

i_bleed_blaugrana

luiz is not worth 45million pounds=52million euros an we pay anything above 35 million euros for him then the board are insane.every transfer is a gamble,so one must try and get a price that is close to the market value and not double it.there is a 50%:50% chance of him succeding or failing. If the only option is 45million pounds for luiz we rather not sign a cb.

€45 mil, not £45 mil.

Home of Barca Fans