David Luiz

Duke

luiz is not worth 45million pounds=52million euros an we pay anything above 35 million euros for him then the board are insane.every transfer is a gamble,so one must try and get a price that is close to the market value and not double it.there is a 50%:50% chance of him succeding or failing. If the only option is 45million pounds for luizwe rather not sign a cb.

Are you crazy or in coma the past year or so? We are DESPERATELY needs CB. We won't win anything without a proper CB. At this point I don't care how much it will cost, we have been looking for CB for the past 2 years now! Necessity is the mother of invention

J

jiopi

Barcelona are preparing a 40M bid for Chelsea centre back David Luiz (26). [sun]

Get in.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Never say never, but I agree the ball is not in Barca's court right now. Not just about Luiz saga, but about this whole CB thing. Barca MUST pay big if they want a proper CB now!

BarcaVillain

Supposedly financial fair play yet every player in the world now seems to be 'worth' £40m+. I don't rate sideshow bob at all, how exactly is another error prone CB going to help our defence?

Tomchin

Supposedly financial fair play yet every player in the world now seems to be 'worth' £40m+. I don't rate sideshow bob at all, how exactly is another error prone CB going to help our defence?
Well, surely it can be worser than not signing any CB at all, right?

Luiz is quite tall, how good is he in the air?

BarcaVillain

He isn't bad, he just has that common problem where his mind goes wandering once or twice a game and he'll make a mistake in his own half of the pitch. Yes any CB is probably better than none, but at those figures you could probably get Hummels.

Tomchin

He isn't bad, he just has that common problem where his mind goes wandering once or twice a game and he'll make a mistake in his own half of the pitch. Yes any CB is probably better than none, but at those figures you could probably get Hummels.
But then again, Hummels also has a reputation of an occassional mistake (eg against RM in SF)?

BarcaVillain

But then again, Hummels also has a reputation of an occassional mistake (eg against RM in SF)?

I have watched Dortmund and Chelsea on a fairly regular basis the last couple of years, I'd say Hummels is far more consistent and much more dominant. Luiz has played quite a few games in midfield as Benitez didn't trust him at CB last season.

Home of Barca Fans