David Luiz

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
#FreeDeSciglio

With De Sciglio you get a young, relatively tall, defensive full back who despite mainly playing on right, can cover the left side when needed as well.

Also just noticed that he only got two year left on his contract.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Noting is unbelievable when it involves zubi

kap9hi.jpg

Cule4life

The Culest
#FreeDeSciglio

With De Sciglio you get a young, relatively tall, defensive full back who despite mainly playing on right, can cover the left side when needed as well.

Also just noticed that he only got two year left on his contract.

Also he'll be a hit with the ladies and might attract more girls on the forum :pep:

Stric

Mate he's not a RB. You should know with your constant criticism of Alves playing as RW

I don't see why not... He's a left back / centre back. He plays more like a fullback than a centre back. If he can play left back, I don't see why he couldn't play as right back, since he's right footed. In fact, I don't know of many right footed defenders who played on the left and centre, but not on the right. Doesn't even make much sense to me, to be honest.

If we were to consider this, he could easily cover CB, LB, RB and DM when needed.

Cule4life

The Culest
I don't see why not... He's a left back / centre back. He plays more like a fullback than a centre back. If he can play left back, I don't see why he couldn't play as right back, since he's right footed. In fact, I don't know of many right footed defenders who played on the left and centre, but not on the right. Doesn't even make much sense to me, to be honest.

If we were to consider this, he could easily cover CB, LB, RB and DM when needed.

Havent we had enough of 2 attacking FBs? I dont think he has the discipline to play FB for us.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Havent we had enough of 2 FBs? I dont think he has the discipline to play FB for us.
And David Luiz earned his fame in Europe by doing the very same! Playing full back for Benfica!!

I think that he would be a good signing as he could be used as a jack of all trades! That, ONLY if we off-load Adriano

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I would rather he plays RB than CB, if he is capable. At CB he terrifies me, at RB his mental lapses would be less troublesome.

Though all this is assuming he can in fact play the position.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
And David Luiz earned his fame in Europe by doing the very same! Playing full back for Benfica!!

I think that he would be a good signing as he could be used as a jack of all trades! That, ONLY if we off-load Adriano

A 39 million euro replacement for Adriano?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
A 39 million euro replacement for Adriano?
AND Mascherano!

I only think it would be a good signing if we buy 2CBs(an established player and a youngster in the style of Real signing Varane)... and we off load both Adriano and Mascherano(there are rumors floating that these two are on their way out)

In the above scenario buying David Luiz would definitely be good... He would not only provide us the backup option for CB and LB positions, but also the tactical variation to play a double pivot by forming a good partnership with Busi!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, there's always that...

Though that still leaves us with the problem of Luiz at CB...

Well, this is gonna be a looooong summer. Before and after the World Cup. Luiz might and might not come.... I just hope they manage to identify and decide to close down deals before the world cup as clubs will likely demand much more if the player Zubi and co decides to go for, does well at the grand stage.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well, this is gonna be a looooong summer. Before and after the World Cup. Luiz might and might not come.... I just hope they manage to identify and decide to close down deals before the world cup as clubs will likely demand much more if the player Zubi and co decides to go for, does well at the grand stage.

Buckle up! It'll be a long and bumpy ride! No bathroom breaks!

Home of Barca Fans