David Villa

Scottro

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, after Alexis' performance against Granada, Villa better be back and starting against Milan!

I thought that Alexis performance was typical of his play all season. He was ineffective again and contributed little but "Sanchez has great pace" and that apparently makes up for his other deficiencies in the minds of the coach. How this guy plays ahead of Villa all season is scandleous at this point. Baca gets away with it because we could probably win 80% of the games if we only sent out 10 men on the field so Alexis not performing at forward does not actually loose us games. It however will cost us games when we start running up against europe's best in CL.

BarcaGirl

[barcastuff]
Official: David Villa, recovering from kidney stones, won't travel to Milan for the CL game on Wednesday

:( damn it ...I was hoping he would be ready for the game

ricknattery

Man i really hope that he is fit for the return leg, we need his goal prowess if we are to score 3 goals.

I believe we should not expect much from Villa really, and its not his fault. He has never been given the chances he deserves to regain his form, but a player of his capabilities can still help the team more than the current Pedro and Alexis. That would be a massive slap to the managament for not doing the right thing

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
only villa can get us the goals we need in the return leg, since messi will be marked by 4-5 players again...
and i wont blame villa if he doesnt perform, he has not been given enough chances to regain form and confidence
but i will blame the management if he does not play the full 90 mins

Me55i D105

Don't know how much he can help when the midfield fails miserably. If a team like Barca gets only 1 shot on goal and 5 overall with 66 % possession something is wrong in the build-up, I guess his runs might have somewhat stirred their defence but seeing as how almost everyone in the team couldn't pass properly when going towards the goal it wouldn't have changed anything.

alex88bg

There are no more excuses ,we are playing with one forward only and thats messi...I was deffending coaching team saying they are saving him for the second aprt of the season,well i am glad this happenned to us,what were we expecting that they werent gonna 5 man mark messi,oh waith but we still have iniesta..hmm no he is far away on that wing....Play Villa from the start and i know we probably wont qualify but i want to see some proper football from us again and i havent seen in since winter break..

There are no more excuses ,we are playing with one forward only and thats messi...I was deffending coaching team saying they are saving him for the second aprt of the season,well i am glad this happenned to us,what were we expecting that they werent gonna 5 man mark messi,oh waith but we still have iniesta..hmm no he is far away on that wing....Play Villa from the start and i know we probably wont qualify but i want to see some proper football from us again and i havent seen in since winter break..

Villa was unavailable for yesterday's game. Hope we use him in the 2nd leg. We can go through but IMO we'll need to use Iniesta in midfield with Messi, Villa and Pedro up front.

Stric

I doubt he'll play at all. He's only been used in unimportant games so far, I don't see why that will change. Though it obviously should. Besides, he's been struggling with these kidney stones for weeks now, even if he does recover sometime soon, it'll take him some time to get back into form.

Home of Barca Fans