David Villa

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
While I agree Villa should play against RM and Milan, the whole team needs to step it up... Villa is no magic wand to fix all the things the team did wrong yesterday...

While I agree Villa should play against RM and Milan, the whole team needs to step it up... Villa is no magic wand to fix all the things the team did wrong yesterday...

Yeah, we can pull it off, but we'll need to play a lot better than we did in the first leg. We'll also need more urgency and directness. Hope we're back on form soon, we've been off-form for a while IMO. We haven't been that great especially in away games.

A few changes to the lineup wouldn't hurt either. Play Villa, put Iniesta back in midfield and bench Cesc for this game. Maybe use Montoya instead of Alves.

Last edited:

xsever

With how shabby and flat we looked against Milan, something different has to happen up front. We keep fielding the same players and expect a different outcome.

Drop Cesc and Pedro for the next Milan game and start with Villa and Tello! Give them a chance FFS! Not like Cesco/Pedro/Alexis did anything WOW lately!

Tello and Villa seem to score however whenever they are played for more than 2 minutes!

Indignado

With how shabby and flat we looked against Milan, something different has to happen up front. We keep fielding the same players and expect a different outcome.

Drop Cesc and Pedro for the next Milan game and start with Villa and Tello! Give them a chance FFS! Not like Cesco/Pedro/Alexis did anything WOW lately!

Tello and Villa seem to score however whenever they are played for more than 2 minutes!

I totally agree. Villa and Tello should play a lot more, they're great. Yet, Pedro and Cesc seem untouchable and they keep playing Alexis for some idiotic reason.

aaron101

Tello-Villa-Messi should be our front 3. Messi needs to play on RW and Villa should play as CF. Tello on the LW can do some damage because of his fast pace.

Scottro

Tello-Villa-Messi should be our front 3. Messi needs to play on RW and Villa should play as CF. Tello on the LW can do some damage because of his fast pace.

Running the 4-3-3 against the park the bus defense and with several players marking Messi I would also agree move Messi out wide. Now they cannot mark him with 2-3 players or your opening up space in the center of field which we would exploit. He could attack the end line and cause lots of problems passing from there also. I have always felt attacking the park the bus defense from the endline would be very effective. In the very least we would turn it into a lot of corners.

My preferred lineup would be Villa and Messi up top with Fabregas, Inesta, Busquets, and Xavi in midfield, and with Alba, Pique, Macherano, and Alves on defense. It puts our best offensive players on the field, two lethal finishers up top with 4 midfielders. I think we would get to more of the loose balls deep in their 1/3rd of the field and make it difficult to counter. It would be less risky making passes into the box since the midfield could quickly press for the ball before a counter can be sprung.

I know they will not leave the 4-3-3 but I hope we try something radical since the odds are so stacked against us.

Irish_Cules

If Villa is looking good over the next couple games I really think he should start the 2nd leg against Milan instead of Cesc. In a situation where we urgently need goals it makes no sense leaving David Villa on the bench.

Home of Barca Fans