David Villa

Cule4life

The Culest
The substitutons killed the match
Villa for Alexis and Adriano for Pedro? Seriously? :facepalm:
Why wasnt Tello-Villa-Messi tried?
Messi dropping back into midfield is becoming too predictable. If Messi makes runs from the wings it will create more chances

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Why is there nobody yelling that we should've played Villa? Oh wait seems like we didn't create much chances with him on the pitch either.

True. But it's a bigger problem now. Basically everyone struggles to score and we barely created any chances in last 3 matches.
Hard to pick on anyone.

Galning

As I said, he's not magic wand that will fix the team... However, he deserves a round of applause, he did everything he could and ran like a 20 year old... Massive kudos!

Yeah I'm not blaming Villa I'm just annoyed with the people who post such statements :)

True. But it's a bigger problem now. Basically everyone struggles to score and we barely created any chances in last 3 matches.
Hard to pick on anyone.

True that. But as I said, I'm not dissing Villa. Just want to show how ridiculous it is to make such posts :)

dmode

As I said, he's not magic wand that will fix the team... However, he deserves a round of applause, he did everything he could and ran like a 20 year old... Massive kudos!

This sentiment wasn't very apparent before this game. If you read this thread after the last classico, people claimed that he WAS the magic wand. Playing him on the LW and Iniesta in the middle will fix all problems

Indignado

Why is there nobody yelling that we should've played Villa? Oh wait seems like we didn't create much chances with him on the pitch either.

Am I the only one who thinks Villa was great? He created a lot of space, to be honest, and had some good collaborations with Alba. When we play with Cesc and Iniesta, there's not even anyone on the left flank to pass to.

Meitux

what annoys me is the moment he was in the wing far from a good position to shoot.He did shoot because there wasnt anyone there to pass really thats so annoying we dont have anyone in the box trying to attack...

Richard.H

Am I the only one who thinks Villa was great? He created a lot of space, to be honest, and had some good collaborations with Alba. When we play with Cesc and Iniesta, there's not even anyone on the left flank to pass to.

Yeah I don't understand that either really. I thought he was quite decent. He just had a few bad touches, and people here and in the chat crucified him.

What pisses me off the most is how "certain" users here try to somehow justify every decision that the coach makes as if though they are some Barca genius or some Barca insider that knows why the decisions are made. When something goes against their form of logic (which they try to make as parallel with the Barca staff as possible), they don't say anything or try to find something very small to still shiit on the player. I think in a way they are trying to show just how diehard of a fan they are by being on Barca's side for every decision. If the coach told them to jump in front of a train, they probably would do it.

Cule4life

The Culest
what annoys me is the moment he was in the wing far from a good position to shoot.He did shoot because there wasnt anyone there to pass really thats so annoying we dont have anyone in the box trying to attack...

Yeah it was infuriating when many of his good runs were wasted because Messi was languishing in midfield and Pedro was invisible

Cule4life

The Culest
He shouldn't had been subbed. Alexis should've come for Pedro.

Tello for Pedro should have been better with Villa moving to the center Tello-Villa-Messi could be the answer against Milan but its infuriating that Roura is inept/too scared to try anything new. We can overcome the handicap of teams figuring out our play style by mixing it up and being unpredictable in our attack.

mixer

He was very poor today but still better than Alexis. Sanchez shouldn't play at all. He's our problem imo, he can't play with the others, especially with Messi.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was very poor today but still better than Alexis. Sanchez shouldn't play at all. He's our problem imo, he can't play with the others, especially with Messi.

Villa was alright...

Alexis our problem? He played 20 minutes against Milan, didn't play in CdR second leg, and played another 20 minutes against RM in La Liga, and you think he's our problem? And you say he can't play with Messi? Please, look who's the better Messi assistant in our front line... If you think he shouldn't play that's fine, but come on, you must be blind not to see that our problems are waaaaay deeper than playing Sánchez...

Home of Barca Fans