David Villa

ammarfcb

ze special one
Neymar would cost 50m+ so in effect we would be getting rid of Villa and then adding AT LEAST 40M for Neymar so yeah it would actually be even dumber (I thought that wasn't possible but hey, the Barca management can find a way ;-) ).

i like u. u spread my thoughts in every thread without me having to type

oz187

Neymar would cost 50m+ so in effect we would be getting rid of Villa and then adding AT LEAST 40M for Neymar so yeah it would actually be even dumber (I thought that wasn't possible but hey, the Barca management can find a way ;-) ).

Eto'o is one year younger than Ibra. Villa is 10 years older than Neymar. Neymar is also one of the most marketable players in the world, in fact the club could end up in profit if they buy him. So no it's nowhere near as dumb.

Cule4life

The Culest
We are naive to think Neymar will be the answer to our struggles against strong physical sides like Madrid, Milan etc. Another dwarf with his fancy skills against 2nd rate defenders who would be bullied by Arbeloa, Ramos and Varane. We need a deadly CF who can play the wings, who takes away the pressure from Messi and occupies defenders. Villa could have been that guy but our mngt destroyed him. I dont know how he even motivates himself for Barca as he knows Cesc, Pedro will always be preferred however shit they play. He will be sold no doubt. Aguero will be the best option but no we will have to be content with NeyGOAT who gave legendary performances against strong teams like England, Mexico and Barcelona (of 2 years ago)

ricknattery

If I were Villa I would refuse to play again the way they used him yesterday, with only 30 minutes to go and having to score 3 goals. Then tell Rosell and Roura to f**c **f

Scottro

If I were Villa I would refuse to play again the way they used him yesterday, with only 30 minutes to go and having to score 3 goals. Then tell Rosell and Roura to f**c **f

Your point is well taken and I thought the same thing but did anyone else notice Barca had zero goals and concedes 3 without Villa and scores one with Villa playing. Refusing to play is a no no IMO but he must be sooo frustrated by now.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Bartomeu on Villa “The coaches hope he is here next season but we will not retain any player that is uncomfortable,” he told Barcelona TV. “In that case, we will talk to him to seek a solution.”

100% he will leave

spark

Roura's substitutions make my eyes bleed. What's wrong with a statement of intent at halftime? Bring on Villa at 0-1 and see how it goes. Another thing that annoys me is we never get him the ball in a position that he can try his long shots. The goal at the Bernabeu when he curved it beyond Iker has to one of the best shots we had there, along with Messi's freekick, in recent times. Those moments of magic can change a game far more than work rate and missed chances can. I remember when we had Eto'o that combined both pressing and finishing but then Pep's "feeling" saw him out the door. At the time I thought great, no one is bigger than the club, Eto'o can take his salary demands elsewhere.

But then we bought a player that cost more money, demanded a higher salary and was a bigger trouble maker in his career. We finally corrected everything and signed Villa and it seemed there was no way to screw it up but we found a way to waste Spain's all time top scorer by leaving him on the bench in favor of players that never scored more than 15 league goals in season all because they run a lot. It has come to the point that if we had Romario in his prime, the coaching staff would somehow think that Messi and him couldn't play together despite Messi's best games for his national team coming with BOTH Higuain and Aguero and Messi himself saying he likes to play with Villa. Zubi said Villa would be important this half of the season but maybe they mean once we are out off all the cups and have comfortably won the league. Zubi and Sandro logic :worthy:

Last edited:

ryaninho

villa is a no9 that likes to play in the middle which is where messi plays. How do we know that he and the management has not had a communication brake down about playing on the wings. Even the don does not like it. I've got to the point where I feel that barca has bent over backwards for messi and now its catching up to them. For me i'm a barca fan first and foremost players come and go Barca>>>>>>messi

villa is a no9 that likes to play in the middle which is where messi plays. How do we know that he and the management has not had a communication brake down about playing on the wings. Even the don does not like it. I've got to the point where I feel that barca has bent over backwards for messi and now its catching up to them. For me i'm a barca fan first and foremost players come and go Barca>>>>>>messi

Messi stated himself that Villa being on the pitch helped him. Villa's lack of playing time has nothing to do with the club "bending over backwards" for Messi.

ryaninho

Messi stated himself that Villa being on the pitch helped him. Villa's lack of playing time has nothing to do with the club "bending over backwards" for Messi.
but does villa like playing out of position all the time. I may like playing with someone, but that does not mean the feeling is the same

F

Flavia

but does villa like playing out of position all the time. I may like playing with someone, but that does not mean the feeling is the same
Messi said Villa playing as CF helped him have more space. And Villa came to barça knowing he'd play at LW, and did a very great job doing so. This team's best season was 10-11, although the treble was won on 08-09.

Home of Barca Fans