David Villa

CatalinR10

it appears that Villa has to not only pass the ball to Messi, but clothes as well.
7C-3Yga7_BY.jpg

Messi-with-2012-Ballon-DOr1.jpg

485600_576591502381869_521026848_n.jpg

:pep:

I

instinct

Villa has good offers from Arsenal and Tottenham. Barcelona await his decision to start talks with the club he prefers. Fee around 10M. [md]

10m? That's a little bit embarassing for Villa...

Stric

Terrible fee. I hope that doesn't happen.

Messi doesn't have that huge biceps / muscles. He was there but probably his face shopped on someone else' body. Otherwise Messi gained 10kg of muscles in a few weeks o_O

It's not photoshopped.

But I've been noticing, too, lately, that Messi's biceps look huge.

sabby

WoW ! Messi must be wearing XXXL size shirts in matches to hide those muscles. Okay, no more off topic from me in Villa thread :) :villa:

Armando929

With the way Tito treated him and kept playing Pedro and Alexis over him, I guess it's not surprising that he's not that valued now.

I think 10 mill is probably what we'll get for him.

MagicianMessi

10M$ is too less.Don't forget that he is still world class striker atleast 20M$ should pay by any club.

One more thing if Higuain can get more than 20M$ why not villa. FYI perez is asking 30M$ for him.We also shud stick with our numbers.

IF it's arsenal then no compromise the took 25M$ for Song.Come on guys we are better than Arsenal.

0n0mat0p0eia

That's the problem with Villa. If we are looking to sell him, it's because we want rid of him - that lessens the price. He's 31 years old - that lessens his price.

The fact we paid Arsenal a lot for Song, is neither here nor there; football is a seller's market. If a team wants to keep a player, you have to pay over the odds to get him; similarly, if a team looks to sell a player, there are bargains to be had.

Stric

Sometimes I can't believe the criticism that Villa's been getting lately. The guy was still recovering from a broken leg early in the season, (having said that, this is his first season after the injury?!?) and has been getting very few minutes throughout the season, yet he's still our second best scorer (after Lionel freaking Messi) with 16 goals, and 8 assists. Yeah, he's really bad. No doubt about it. As far as I'm concerned, Villa-Messi-Neymar or Neymar-Messi-Villa is our best choice for next season. I can't believe we're actually looking to replace him with a player of the same type (and we're having trouble finding one), meanwhile there he is. Second best scorer with very few minutes after coming back from a broken leg.

Meitux

Sometimes I can't believe the criticism that Villa's been getting lately. The guy was still recovering from a broken leg early in the season, (having said that, this is his first season after the injury?!?) and has been getting very few minutes throughout the season, yet he's still our second best scorer (after Lionel freaking Messi) with 16 goals, and 8 assists. Yeah, he's really bad. No doubt about it. As far as I'm concerned, Villa-Messi-Neymar or Neymar-Messi-Villa is our best choice for next season. I can't believe we're actually looking to replace him with a player of the same type (and we're having trouble finding one), meanwhile there he is. Second best scorer with very few minutes after coming back from a broken leg.
Tt would be the best for me too,but they dont see it that way, they still wanna play Alexis and Pedro and from the moment Neymar came in the chances for Villa are limited,And by the way it was his first season after injury but in some times he had very bad misses and didnt involve too much

Stric

Tt would be the best for me too,but they dont see it that way, they still wanna play Alexis and Pedro and from the moment Neymar came in the chances for Villa are limited,And by the way it was his first season after injury but in some times he had very bad misses and didnt involve too much

Yeah, he had bad misses... so? Alexis and Pedro had dozens of those throughout the season, and they've been given much more playing time, and neither of them is coming back from an injury. If Villa needs to be sold based on his performances, then what do Pedro and Sanchez need to be? Crucified? Even at his age and with his health problems, Villa was still by far our best forward, excluding Messi. Yet, he's the one that needs to go. :facepalm:

Meitux

Yeah, he had bad misses... so? Alexis and Pedro had dozens of those throughout the season, and they've been given much more playing time, and neither of them is coming back from an injury. If Villa needs to be sold based on his performances, then what do Pedro and Sanchez need to be? Crucified? Even at his age and with his health problems, Villa was still by far our best forward, excluding Messi. Yet, he's the one that needs to go. :facepalm:
If you ask me who would i want to leave the first names would be Alexis and Pedro,they clearly cant play this role in this system.And if we want to play that way we either get good forwards to play this role or we need to change the system and get a striker,its pretty clear which wont happen eventually

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Neymar - Messi - Villa would also be my choice. But I don't think Tito is considering that option, and Villa is probably seeing Neymar as even more bench time.

Home of Barca Fans