David Villa

JamDav1982

Neymar - Messi - Villa would also be my choice. But I don't think Tito is considering that option, and Villa is probably seeing Neymar as even more bench time.

Is there not something about a 3m bonus to Villa this season if he stays?

Would like to see Barcelona again have wide players that can dribble, score, pass and change a match with an individual action. Dont think Villa has that but would love to see him stay as a Larsson type role player. He doesnt seem to want that though.

F

Flavia

Would like to see Barcelona again have wide players that can dribble, score, pass and change a match with an individual action. Dont think Villa has that but would love to see him stay as a Larsson type role player. He doesnt seem to want that though.

I don't see Pedro or Alexis doing that either. Hopefully Neymar does it.
Villa's not the same as he was before his injury, but he's still a tad more clinical with his finishes than alexis and pedro. He's the one being sent away probably because of his age and wages.

JamDav1982

Villa's not the same as he was before his injury, but he's still a tad more clinical with his finishes than alexis and pedro. He's the one being sent away probably because of his age and wages.

Yeah I agree none of the wide players at the club have all those abilities which in the last ten years the best wide players like Ronaldinho, Messi, Henry all seemed to have.

Leave the scoring/creating to the front three and let the midfield three concentrate on holding position in the middle of the park dominating the ball and pulling the opposition everywhere.

To many players from full backs to central midfielders have been trying to get forward and help Messi - in the past the best sides have been able to leave the vast majority of that to the front three and concentrate on their own jobs.

As you said hopefullu Neymar can have all those things that are lacking in the front three and result in a more balanced side again.

Yeah, he had bad misses... so? Alexis and Pedro had dozens of those throughout the season, and they've been given much more playing time, and neither of them is coming back from an injury. If Villa needs to be sold based on his performances, then what do Pedro and Sanchez need to be? Crucified? Even at his age and with his health problems, Villa was still by far our best forward, excluding Messi. Yet, he's the one that needs to go. :facepalm:

Yeah, I'd sell Pedro and go with Neymar-Messi-Villa. Seems like we're going to be selling Villa though.

Armando929

Villa has had some misses for sure and Alexis too not being a natural goal scorer. With that said, both guys bring more than Pedro to the table. This Masia status that makes players untouchable is just laughable.

I think Villa would take a reduced wage if it meant more playing time, but there's just too many attackers.

He's been quiet about everything which has to be respected. A true professional and always has been. But I kinda wish we'd be done with this issue soon. My guess is right after the Confeds Cup we should know for sure.

JamDav1982

With Tito's "Pedro fetish", i wouldnot bet on Pedro getting sold.

I wouldnt quite call it a 'Pedro fetish'!

Pedro like Tello, Sanchez, Villa and Neymar is more effective from the left but did not get to play there much last season.

I would still have him and Sanchez in the squad ahead of Tello. As those although not comfortable seem better on the right than Tello does and both seem more comfortable through the middle than Tello.

Maria

Of course he is more clinical because he was always a natural finisher, unlike Alexis or Pedro(a little thing that it seems to skip many Villa lovers). But we can't afford him anymore for numerous reasons: his age, his wages, his form(against good CBs he gets wrestled very easily and he looks like Bojan sometimes) and his status.

To be honest I only enjoyed him in his first season with us..in the 2nd season he was having something like 7% effectivity in front of goal(probably worst than Pedro had this year) and this season he has helped us in the league in a few games when he came from the bench and against Milan. But he's just not the guy that he used to be before the injury and many times it looks like he is a second late. I understand those who love him, but I don't think that it's a coincidence that even Del Bosque(who probably thinks at a player's status when he makes the first XI) kept him on the bench and preffered Pedro instead of him.

And seeing how bad our players were physically in the big games this year and that Rosell paid 57M for a LW, Villa should be the first on the transfer list. Then, in an ideal world, we would make an effort for a true no.9 like Lewandowsky, Dzeko or someone that can play with Messi&Neymar or can be a certainty in a CL SF in case Messi suffers another injury like this year. But they will probably realize that too late, just like it happend with the CB.

Shame he didn't play today.

Why it's a shame if those who played were more than better?

I think Villa ends up leaving this summer. It will be sad to see him go, but it is probably best for the club and himself in the long run.

He has lost his mojo and will not get it back as a bit player.

Pedro, Sanchez, and Tello all seem more comfortable than him sharing time. They also have more energy to press when losing the ball.

I worry about the lack of a true center forward, but there is simply no room with Messi and Neymar for that.

F

Flavia

Of course he is more clinical because he was always a natural finisher, unlike Alexis or Pedro(a little thing that it seems to skip many Villa lovers)
Not true. Pedro used to be very clinical in front of goal, with both legs. Still has glimpses of it, more for spain than Barça, lately.

B

beautifulgame

Of course he is more clinical because he was always a natural finisher, unlike Alexis or Pedro(a little thing that it seems to skip many Villa lovers). But we can't afford him anymore for numerous reasons: his age, his wages, his form(against good CBs he gets wrestled very easily and he looks like Bojan sometimes) and his status.

To be honest I only enjoyed him in his first season with us..in the 2nd season he was having something like 7% effectivity in front of goal(probably worst than Pedro had this year) and this season he has helped us in the league in a few games when he came from the bench and against Milan. But he's just not the guy that he used to be before the injury and many times it looks like he is a second late. I understand those who love him, but I don't think that it's a coincidence that even Del Bosque(who probably thinks at a player's status when he makes the first XI) kept him on the bench and preffered Pedro instead of him.

And seeing how bad our players were physically in the big games this year and that Rosell paid 57M for a LW, Villa should be the first on the transfer list. Then, in an ideal world, we would make an effort for a true no.9 like Lewandowsky, Dzeko or someone that can play with Messi&Neymar or can be a certainty in a CL SF in case Messi suffers another injury like this year. But they will probably realize that too late, just like it happend with the CB.

Why it's a shame if those who played were more than better?

Agree with last bit paragraph especially!!

Meitux

If this system with Messi as false 9 and inside forwards need to be succesfull,you need wingers that can score,but also make some movement in the box.The match we saw Spain they were different in terms of movement than Barcelona.Barcelona goes with the idea of an isolated winger that does zero movement or to get more in the middle at times,if they continue like this not Neymar and not even someone like Reus would fit well.Otherwise the idea is to buy at last a striker...Villa is not for that role so good either cause he is very weak and very slow now.

Home of Barca Fans