David Villa

raskolnikov

almost as selfish as Torres, they didnt seem friends, just strikers desperate to increase their stats.
Had they passed more rather than shoot they would have gotten 5 each.

DavidVillano1

almost as selfish as Torres, they didnt seem friends, just strikers desperate to increase their stats.
Had they passed more rather than shoot they would have gotten 5 each.
What game were you watching? Villa was anything but selfish, constantly attempted to find team mates when in around the box!

XaviMessiGirl

Torres pissed me off, Villa less but I still feel they were really trying to statpad that record.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that found the whole thing a tad disrespectful (if that's what you're getting at). Not pointing out either one as an individual but the Spain team as a whole.

Irish_Cules

I'm glad I'm not the only one that found the whole thing a tad disrespectful (if that's what you're getting at). Not pointing out either one as an individual but the Spain team as a whole.

What could they do though? There was a football match there to be played. If they passed the ball and didn't try to attack then it would have been even more disrespectful and an embarrassment for the tournament. Spain played quite within themselves and still managed to score 10. If they really tried they could have scored much more. You could see in the 2nd half that Spain weren't even enjoying it anymore but they had to play out the game and if a chance presented itself they would obviously try to score. Tahiti are in this tournament and thats the reality. They seem to be delighted to be there themselves and have said they dont care if they get hammered.

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah I had this same debate after Bayern thrashed Hamburg 9-2, I realize it's not a popular opinion especially on here :p I just personally don't see a need for it, unless it's against your rivals. But you're right though, at least they did stop celebrating like they usually do.

Oh well, it was obvious it would happen anyway.

Meitux

Villa was not selfish,Torres was an asshole,all he wanted is to score on his own..but yes they dont seem to like each other,neither of them were happy for others goal

PaulFCB

Banned
He missed a penalty similarly with Steaua in the Europa League at 3-2 agg, so Chelsea would've sealed it with that.
I think he has mental problems, if not a disease, his problems are related to his brain, he fails too many times in stupid ways, not a player to count on.
Villa looked well, I'm always mad we didn't buy him in 2006 after winning the CL to secure our attack.

Armando929

It was Tahiti of course but Villa looked good. The chances on goal were easy, but his movement/runs were top notch along with his workrate and a nice assist to Silva.

It's sounding more and more like Higuain is going to Arsenal so Villa probably won't end up there. My guess is he'll either to to Spurs or Atleti... Either would be a bit of a let down. He's still good enough to play for a top team. He probably won't reach the heights of his prime but he's being underrated now.

Home of Barca Fans