David Villa

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

There's dozens of great Villa goals I can think of, but no matter how his Barca career ends this is how I will remember him in blaugrana. There was nobody I wanted to see play for Barca and win the CL with from this generation as much as Villa, and this goal made it all worth it, from the slow start to the bile from Eto'o fanboys to the injury struggles he'd have after.

J

jtmx12

He always knew how to play on the left, he didn't learn it after coming here.

I didn't say otherwise lol. Pedro doesn't really "dribble" a lot to be honest so you can't come up with that thing. It's surely different playing on the right, but not so much. Those 2 goals you provided that he scored from the right wing clearly show that he can play in that position, he's not useless there. I never said he was better than Pedro in the right wing, but for sure he can play there and still score unlike Iniesta, Alexis, etc. Like I've said, I think Villa's left foot is as good as Pedro's left foot. I still think that, at least when it comes to shoot the ball to the net. The reason why I picked the Alaves goal is because it's from this season...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There's dozens of great Villa goals I can think of, but no matter how his Barca career ends this is how I will remember him in blaugrana. There was nobody I wanted to see play for Barca and win the CL with from this generation as much as Villa, and this goal made it all worth it, from the slow start to the bile from Eto'o fanboys to the injury struggles he'd have after.

Absolutely, top stuff Nolan

lessthanjake

The reason why all those you mentioned except Villa can't play in the right wing is because they don't have a great left foot like Villa. However, Villa has scored 5 goals out of 8 this season with his left foot. He can keep making his awesome runs from the right wing, just like he does from the left or from the center, and once he gets the ball, he can also shoot properly with his left foot from the right wing as shown by his stats.

Villa has probably played 5 times in the right wing out of 90 matches (and this usually happened with Pep Guardiola, when Messi-Pedro-Villa used to change their positions several times on the same match probably to confuse the opposite defense). You can't expect him to be great in the right wing if he never gets the chance to play there to get used to that position. Remember his main position was as a 9, but he learned how to play on the left wing. He can learn to play from the right wing as well easily, since the difference isn't big if you already play on the left wing, and plus, he already has the thing required to play from the right: a great left foot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC5R3C8Yiv8

Clearly in that video you can see that Villa's left foot is as good as Pedro's left foot and he's not afraid to use it if the play requires it.

If anyone out of the guys I listed could play at the right, it's Villa. However, He will be less effective on the right than on the left. There's no doubt about that. And the question then becomes whether a less effective Villa is better than Pedro. I don't really know the answer to that, but Tito seems to think not.

J

jtmx12

I didn't really like those offsides from Villa today, even tho the first 2 were clearly his fault and the next 2 weren't. Then there's the goal chances he missed which were painful to watch.

He tried to help but things didn't work out at all today for Villa. I hope he has more luck in the next match.

:(

P.S: Villa's free kick was good tho.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I didn't really like those offsides from Villa today, even tho the first 2 were clearly his fault and the next 2 weren't. Then there's the goal chances he missed which were painful to watch.

He tried to help but things didn't work out at all today for Villa. I hope he has more luck in the next match.

:(

P.S: Villa's free kick was good tho.

That 1-on-1 was really bad. He seemed distracted. I hope he gets it together now, he'll be needed against betis.

Trickykid

Low morale or not, he was absolutely attrocious tonight. Those neverending offsides and missed opportunities just wasn't good enough - especially for a player of his stature.

raedkuwait

I dont blame him for playing poor at all, and what u mean no excuses man, when u keep playing
a top striker in a fucking meaningless man, what do u expect him he would feel?!

Trickykid

I dont blame him for playing poor at all, and what u mean no excuses man, when u keep playing
a top striker in a fucking meaningless man, what do u expect him he would feel?!

I don't quite get what you're rambling about, but I don't blame Villa for anything. Everyone, well nearly everyone then, has bad games every now and then, and tonight Villa had a bad game. Nothing to get your panties in a knot about. Simple as.

Home of Barca Fans