David Villa

lessthanjake

If I could get a dollar every time a guy says something like that I'd be billionaire.

jtmx12, are you trolling? You seem to only ever post about David Villa, and so I looked at your post history for a second, and it's hilarious. 90% of your posts are either on this thread or on another thread but talking about how a player shouldn't be playing instead of Villa or isn't as good as Villa. I think you're just trolling. No one is this obsessed with one player.

Cule4life

The Culest
Tito's words "For a player of such a high level (like Villa), it is not easy, but we have lots of players like that in this squad." he said. "Alves and Mascherano were on the bench today too. Alexis did very good work. We do not just judge on scoring goals, but on all their work in the game, offensively and defensively."

:facepalm:
What "offensive" work has Alexis done?
You do not "just judge on scoring goals" by surely goals do have some weightage? Especially with our Messi dependancy

Barcafire

I think we're systematically ignoring the fact that Villa and Tito (and the rest of the team) communicate and work together on a daily basis. What we see is 90 minutes of performance and a few press conferences a week, while the coach and team spend pretty much the entire week together. There are things between the two of them that we do not know about. First and foremost, Tito has the best insight into Villa's current form and abilities. He observes this twice a day for a few hours. We only see a few minutes of it a week. Tito knows things we do not know about. Also, it's not as if Tito doesn't talk to Villa until the moment he tells him to go warm up during a game. Their relationship is more than what we see. We should at least take this into consideration when we think about Tito's decisions.

Well said. Perfect.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Tito's words "For a player of such a high level (like Villa), it is not easy, but we have lots of players like that in this squad." he said. "Alves and Mascherano were on the bench today too. Alexis did very good work. We do not just judge on scoring goals, but on all their work in the game, offensively and defensively."

:facepalm:
What "offensive" work has Alexis done?
You do not "just judge on scoring goals" by surely goals do have some weightage? Especially with our Messi dependancy

Scoring is not everything, you know. Alexis does what Villa can't do (or at least does better than him), and that's tiring and dragging defenders away from Messi. Football is much more tactical than goals and assists. Without Alexis doing what he's doing, I seriously doubt Messi would have as much opportunities to score.

Trequartista

The good
It´s unfair that alexis plays instead of him
Nah ALexis deserve to be a starter for sure or at least take part in the rotation,think its Pedro who shall play less and give some minutes to Villa
I dont think that Tito likes VIlla that much(not Personal just technical) look at the start of the season when VIlla looked motivated and hungry as ever,he didnt start a lot of games and even when he did he was always the first one to be subbed around 50-60 minutes so not given him enough minutes is probably not form related,
think he needs to leave in January Cesc,Thiago,Pedro,Alexis,soon Cuenca will be all preferred and he wont get near his best unless given 3-4 starts in row which wont happen,hope Juve go all for him but then you know David always wants to stay in Spain

Leo10

I think we're systematically ignoring the fact that Villa and Tito (and the rest of the team) communicate and work together on a daily basis. What we see is 90 minutes of performance and a few press conferences a week, while the coach and team spend pretty much the entire week together. There are things between the two of them that we do not know about. First and foremost, Tito has the best insight into Villa's current form and abilities. He observes this twice a day for a few hours. We only see a few minutes of it a week. Tito knows things we do not know about. Also, it's not as if Tito doesn't talk to Villa until the moment he tells him to go warm up during a game. Their relationship is more than what we see. We should at least take this into consideration when we think about Tito's decisions.

Totally agree. Stupid how some fans don't give enough credit to the man that has been there together with Pep for the past 5 season, who has tons of credit in the 14 titles of the Guardiola era, the one coach that has the best La Liga opening of all times. Obviously we all know better than that guy... what was his name again? Pito or something, we obvoiusly know better than he does.

GiantKiller

In an ideal world, this surely would've ended the debate. :p

Pepe Silvia

Baffling how he didn't get more minutes last night. I had up until this point thought keeping Villa out was the best thing/strategy from Tito but now it's just disrespect. Not playing him earlier after seeing how god awful Pedro was playing really hurt. I feel bad for Villa now.

Stric

In an ideal world, this surely would've ended the debate. :p

:lol:

Also, Tito is not a weirdo, or an idiot. On the contrary, he seems to be fairly intelligent, and must have some incredibly good coaching skills and knowledge to do what he's done so far, be it season 12/13 or his prior work with Pep. We can rest assured that he will ALWAYS choose what's best for the team and the outcome, and has no personal interest in neglecting one player or another. He's wants the best for Barca not only because he is the coach, but a Cule, as well. He'd have absolutely no positive results on any level for purposely deciding not to play a player who could or would make things better for the team. The player would hate it, the team would hate it, the press would hate it, the club staff would hate it, the fans would hate it, and obviously, he'd have to hate it himself as a Barca supporter for not giving Barca the best that's possible. That's why I believe there must be one hell of a good reason for each decision he's made so far. Why would he purposely do something seemingly wrong if there's a better option? Think about it.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Well said, Stric! Tito has been a surprise... People get annoyed by him just because he doesn't take the popular decisions, and he actually takes the hard ones like benching Villa, which takes some big cojones, especially in a club like Barca where every single thing gets scrutinized...

If Tito has proved anything so far is that he will do what he thinks is best for the team, and the results speak for themselves... So if you think that Tito is disrespecting Villa for not playing him, then you are disrespecting Tito's hard work which has given us immense results...

ryuken

I just want to say farewell to David, thank him for what he had given to us and wish him the best of luck on his next venture. Nuff said. Clearly even when having a bad day Pedro and Alexis are still way ahead of him on the pecking order.

Ursegor

World Champion
Tito's hard work which has given us immense results...

You mean when Adriano's goal of the season and a Busquets goal (who averages like ... 1 goal in a season) rescued our asses while Messi disappeared inbetween 8 Atletico defenders in the middle and Pedro and Alexis both took 0 shots all night long while Falcao could have had a hattrick in the first 30 minutes alone, that this was how Tito planned to win the game?

Home of Barca Fans