David Villa

M

Malappapper

Unfortunately, Tito has stated that Alexis will not be sold.

When you want to sell a player, all you say every time you're asked is that that player is awesome and will never be sold at any price. Otherwise you undermine his potential price.

Good old fashioned huckstering.

Richard.H

I think he is definitely off, no matter what. Same goes for Alexis.

Alexis won't leave. I still think this is a business move by Tito to milk Villa for all his worth. Villa is at an age where his career could only decline since he is past his prime. He's trying to get as much money for Villa to make a grand bid on Neymar in the summer or even in the winter.

barcanuck

the fans chanting his name at 66th minute :cry: plz stay

The crowd is wanting to see the Asturian. Would of liked to see him play around 30 mins, but with the game out of reach for Atleti there was no need. Tito commented after the game that he knows Villa should be playing more but has alot of options AKA rotation.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Everything points to Villa's exit. Some thought he would be starting now that Cesc is out and Iniesta is back in midfield from LW position but Tito obviously prefers Alexis and Pedro.
Barca surely won't keep him for another year and risk having to let him go on a free in summer of 2014 when his contract expires.

F

Flavia

Everything points to Villa's exit. Some thought he would be starting now that Cesc is out and Iniesta is back in midfield from LW position but Tito obviously prefers Alexis and Pedro.
Barca surely won't keep him for another year and risk having to let him go on a free in summer of 2014 when his contract expires.
The weird part is that talks for a possible extension of his contract supposedly started.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Even if Barca offered, I don't think Villa would want to stay. Not with his current role anyways.

Stric

I think we're systematically ignoring the fact that Villa and Tito (and the rest of the team) communicate and work together on a daily basis. What we see is 90 minutes of performance and a few press conferences a week, while the coach and team spend pretty much the entire week together. There are things between the two of them that we do not know about. First and foremost, Tito has the best insight into Villa's current form and abilities. He observes this twice a day for a few hours. We only see a few minutes of it a week. Tito knows things we do not know about. Also, it's not as if Tito doesn't talk to Villa until the moment he tells him to go warm up during a game. Their relationship is more than what we see. We should at least take this into consideration when we think about Tito's decisions.

F

Flavia

Liverpool? Xmg forgive me, but Villa deserves better. If he was to go, should be someplace else. But I do hope he stays.

-SG7-

He looks really demoralised right now....if he leaves in the summer then tito you F'd up on this part. I think we are really going to need him towards the end of the season.

Home of Barca Fans