David Villa

ricknattery

Barca stating that they don't want to sell is Barca saying they want more money. If you don't want to sell then you communicate that behind closed doors, you don't go to the media with it.

sometimes you do it to bring some calm after all rumours, but who knows what will happen in this case

barcanuck

It's always been our policy with good players to leave the decision up to the player.

Marquez, Henry, Keita, Milito, Maxwell, Sylvinho, Gudjohnsen, Edmilson, Zambrotta, Deco, Gio, Giuly, Belletti.

Long list of players over 30 in the last 5 years which we have let go for cheap or free.

If Villa wants out, he will get out. I think Cazorla, Austurian like Villa is probably trying to convince Villa himself.

Ursegor

World Champion
The club can't let Villa go. We'd be in the exact same situation as last season, left alone with Pedro and Sanchez as the only "senior" forwards in the latter CL knockout stages, who both can't score to save their lives and at this point of time are better described as "false fullbacks" instead of forwards. Plus Sanchez will have lots of injuries again anyway in the upcoming weeks.

Pepe Silvia

Tito is trolling on Mourinho levels with this Villa situation.

I would only hope that behind closed doors, the conversations are friendly and encouraging between the two (Tito & Villa) something to the affect of "right now it's important you get better, trust me, you'll play and help us win titles come spring/summer" not with the type of monologue I can hear Mourinho blurting out (to one of his players in similar situations) at practice in front of everyone "you will do as I say, you are my player you will listen to me or rot on the bench. Who do you think you are? Huh? You're old, you're worthless without me!"

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
villa.png

JOSEP LAGO/AFP/GettyImages

Garrus

The club wouldn't keep a player with a 7m euros as a salary just so he can set on the bench, We're not real madrid, The fact that everyone at the club refuses to sell him, Means tito has plans for him in the upcoming 2nd half of the season.
End of Discussion.

Trequartista

The good
Irrespective of the balls he lost by trying to dribble past 2 of the opponents players(dont know why,he never was a good dribbler anyway),love thje way he is always willing to make the run and holding last defender,this can be deadly with Messi always cutting on his right foot and cesc in midfield
Still think he needs a move this month to revive his career but its not going to happen,wish he will be happy with his role in the team until june

Irish_Cules

His general play was quite good when he came on and he could have had a goal if the ref played on instead of giving a free kick. It may be his last few months at the club but he will be important for the team.

e28makaveli

Tito is trolling on Mourinho levels with this Villa situation.

I would only hope that behind closed doors, the conversations are friendly and encouraging between the two (Tito & Villa) something to the affect of "right now it's important you get better, trust me, you'll play and help us win titles come spring/summer" not with the type of monologue I can hear Mourinho blurting out (to one of his players in similar situations) at practice in front of everyone "you will do as I say, you are my player you will listen to me or rot on the bench. Who do you think you are? Huh? You're old, you're worthless without me!"

You have spoken well. I hope same here too. I do not want to see Villa leave. I was very happy to see him come in with about 30 minutes left. I will like Iniesta, in particular, to use Villa more when he comes in as sub.

MVBarcaFan

Any one notice how at some point 3 defenders were drawn towards him today? This man creates some serious space for King Leo.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It sucks that he came in when the team was relieving pressure on the goal and didn't really dominate like in the first half. He was coming in ready to score and wreak havoc on the opposition goal while everyone else was kind of taking it a little more laid back.

Home of Barca Fans