David Villa

Richard.H

this thread is on a cycle of 2 pages repeating everytime, c'mon guys mix it up a little add some russia rumours

tumblr_mft1jg7HrR1r89ohso1_500.jpg

so much focking swag, love this guy.

PearLBLacK

Banned
and propably the biggest mistake in transfers was Ibrahimovic,Eto'o and so many money.Well Eto'o still has it, we wouldnt had any problem in attack if we still had him ,i mean in terms of scoring its proved last season we didnt have villa and nobody was even near to 20 goals...

Eto'o wouldn't have made any difference, buddy. Villa and Alexis' problems, besides the frequent injuries (or dirt-hugging in Alexis' case), were the system and gamestyle they were forced to play in. Villa had a wonderful first season with Barca, so what changed? Discredit me all you want, but lack of form wasn't the only cause for the Messi-dependency, but also the constant deference and either too many restrictions or fear of conceding possession (again in Alexis' case) were also factors worth noting, IMO.

So, no, Eto'o would have been pushed to the wings, his form obviously take a hit, and you cules would campaign to sell him immediately.

Theconomist

17 million bid by Arsenal according to several sources.
Very decent money for a 31 year old. yes having him for depth would be very nice but 17 million plus his wages freed up would also be very interesting, especially if it means a sooner Neymar bid.
Besides, Tello,Sanchez,Cuenca,Pedro for 2 spots and half a season. It's a gamble, especially if messi gets injured but considering how lethargic he's played the last few games I think it's one we could take (as long as we bring in someone else).

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
I'm hoping he finishes the seasons with Barca. But if he wants to leave, so be it. Best of Luck to him.

Theconomist

I'm hoping he finishes the seasons with Barca. But if he wants to leave, so be it.

As long as we get a replacement I don't mind. This isn't the Villa of Valencia or Spain. He's been incredible for us in some games but more often than not his whole spell has been mediocre.
He will definitely tear up a new one in Spain.
I can't wait to see him make RvP his bitch.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
True. The EPL has been kind to players from La Liga. I am sure if he moves there and stays healthy he would do well.

Zebulun

Villa stays for me. After getting an injury its difficult to regain form and confidence in yourself to play without thinking about the injury. I'm sorry but I'll take villa's 9 goals over alexis' 1!
Besides Villa still is a brilliant finisher, the other forwards never shoot on goal.

Theconomist

Villa stays for me. After getting an injury its difficult to regain form and confidence in yourself to play without thinking about the injury. I'm sorry but I'll take villa's 9 goals over alexis' 1!
Besides Villa still is a brilliant finisher, the other forwards never shoot on goal.

Villa is 31 and 17 million for a 31 year old might be the best piece of business Barcelona has done in the past few years.
Like I said if it means we get a replacement who is younger and potentially better then why not. Also Alexis is leaving this summer if he doesn't improve that's a given.

G

Giannino

I really like Villa, in my opinion he's the best winger we got right now. But somehow Vilanova manages to completely ignore him and his superb statistics this season. I'm for like 90% sure that he's not going to be our starting winger in the second half of the season as well, so why is Zubi being so stubborn? 17M is a lot of money for a 31-year old, who has had a major injury recently. He needs to play, he deserves to play, but he's not gonna do that in Barça's shirt unfortunately.

Home of Barca Fans