David Villa

Cristofol

All media is of course reporting about how he is unsettled and prepared to leave, but I'm yet to see any reliable sources talk about a specific club's involvement. All the Arsenal talk is coming from bullshitters and copy & pasters at the moment. :shrug:

DennyCrane

All media is of course reporting about how he is unsettled and prepared to leave, but I'm yet to see any reliable sources talk about a specific club's involvement. All the Arsenal talk is coming from bullshitters and copy & pasters at the moment. :shrug:

And that speaks volumes.

xsever

Barca said they depend on him for the rest of the season, but could it be that they are looking way ahead and plan on selling him to get some cash for Neymar's deal?!

impeh

Hi, its me..
Rosell (president): "I can totally rule out an exit of David Villa this month. He's our player and we need him, the season is long."

:wub:

P

PhilS

Rosell (president): "I can totally rule out an exit of David Villa this month. He's our player and we need him, the season is long."

:wub:

Sure he's going to say that, but he might change his tune if Villa asks out now. When I look at the options available now on the team at forward, Villa does seem surplus. Iniesta, Messi and Pedro have to the first picks, and Alexis, Tello and Cuenca are better suited than the great Villa for being rotation and late game sub players. Deulofeu will need to start being integrated soon.

barcanuck

^PhilS - cmon now when he says "TOTALLY RULE OUT" that's 100% he's staying. 3 more weeks of transfer talk left thankfully!

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Villa will probably leave in the summer, hopefully after winning the treble, scoring in the CL final

Cristofol

Unless a club puts in a bid he can't turn down (which is unlikely) Villa is going nowhere. Though it seems he'll be gone in the summer

JonM

Sure he's going to say that, but he might change his tune if Villa asks out now. When I look at the options available now on the team at forward, Villa does seem surplus. Iniesta, Messi and Pedro have to the first picks, and Alexis, Tello and Cuenca are better suited than the great Villa for being rotation and late game sub players. Deulofeu will need to start being integrated soon.

I doubt Delofeu will be integrated this season, now that the stakes are getting higher in every competitions. I don't see him playing until RM is mathematically out of the title race. So not until april probably, and only in league games.

As for the other forwards, I doubt they all stay healthy. I also wouldn't count on any of them to score regularly. So Villa has to stay in my opinion.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I doubt Delofeu will be integrated this season, now that the stakes are getting higher in every competitions. I don't see him playing until RM is mathematically out of the title race. So not until april probably, and only in league games.

As for the other forwards, I doubt they all stay healthy. I also wouldn't count on any of them to score regularly. So Villa has to stay in my opinion.

Maybe in certain legs of the UCL or CDR if the first legs are won by a margin. Though his only possibility in those competitions would be coming on as an impact sub. Although in the liga i doubt that they will wait until Barca have mathematically won to give him playing time. I mean it's not like they are assured to lose the moment they start giving Deulo chances in liga games. He is a good forward with a lot to offer. It would probably be in really small games against lower table teams though. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start playing in a few liga games by next month when the more important players have to be rested for significant CL ties.

adil_909

if i were villa, i'd be pretty interested in the prospect of joining arsenal, moving to london and linking up with cazorla and arteta. he'd be guaranteed to start every single game, and his high profile will mean he gets instant adoration from the fans. if i were him, i'd be telling my agents topush that move through. and if arsenal really did offer 17m, that's a fee well above what i'd expect arsenal to bid so i'd be more than happy with that kind of amount. but i think villa will only move in jan if he really demands it, otherwise he'll just continue along with us as he's been doing.

Home of Barca Fans