David Villa

GiantKiller

From fcb official site:

Jordi Roura also commented on the situations of several other members of the squad. He described David Villa as “a very important player for us,” pointing out that he is returning after a long spell on the sidelines through injury. “He is doing a lot of hard work. We have no doubt that he’ll get back to 100 per cent”.

So Villa is not 100% yet?

Apparently, playing Iniesta on the left clearly means that Tito doesn't want him and it's all being done to bring in Neymar. #villarato

DavidVillano1

Correct GiantKiller, will just have to agree to disagree but wanted to point this out about Aguero.

Can pm a reply if you wish.... maybe the reasons for his 'lack of form' this season are a result of having missed a month with a knee injury? Or his off field problems with his wife(just split up)... but I'm sure those issues are nothing compared to Silva's form(who was average during the second half of last season anyway)

After 14 league starts last season(without injury problems and off field issues) Aguero had 11 goals(4 assists), this season it's 8 goals(2 assists).. He's slightly behind and when you take into account those problems I stated above and City's form compared to last season as a whole team, it's not really that different.
Back to Villa, hope to see him get 90 minutes tonight a put in a good performance. :villa:

Last edited:
J

jtmx12

Today is a good match for Barca B players... and Villa!

I remember back in the day I'd get my post deleted and crap from other users for saying that Villa would leave... and now everyone is talking about it. Funny history.

Villa has played 50 minutes in the last 6 matches where he started in the bench in them all. Perhaps that happened because of his injury? wait, that lame excuse I'd read every single time doesn't works anymore.

GiantKiller

I remember back in the day I'd get my post deleted and crap from other users for saying that Villa would leave... and now everyone is talking about it. Funny history.

Villa has played 50 minutes in the last 6 matches where he started in the bench in them all.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Villa has played 50 minutes in the last 6 matches where he started in the bench in them all. Perhaps that happened because of his injury? wait, that lame excuse I'd read every single time doesn't works anymore.
And yet, he's not leaving. And roura stated yesterday he's not 100% yet. I honestly doubt the Barça staff would say that as a "lame excuse", but anyone is free to believe what they want.

J

jtmx12

When I said "would", I meant "could" leave. As for the "I've read", I meant in this forum, not from Tito or Roura. I've heard a bunch of lame speeches from a lot coaches highlighting how important and great is a player and that player leaving in the same month or year. They say what the fans & press want to listen and it's usually not the truth. So yeah, excuse me if I don't believe what comes from their mouth. The only thing I believe is in facts and that's that Villa is not playing because Tito doesn't want to and and always prefers others players even when they play worse than Villa.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

When I said "would", I meant "could" leave. As for the "I've read", I meant in this forum, not from Tito or Roura. I've heard a bunch of lame speeches from a lot coaches highlighting how important and great is a player and that player leaving in the same month or year. They say what the fans & press want to listen and not the truth. So yeah, excuse me if I don't believe what comes from their mouth. The only thing I believe is in facts and that's that Villa is not playing because Tito doesn't want to and and always prefers others players even when they play worse than Villa.
If Villa was indeed unhappy, or thought Tito doesnt count on him at all, he'd put in a transfer request. Nothing unprofessional about it. So this conspiracy theory you call facts still seems flawed to me.

Micah

I don't know how reliable the Villa rumors are. But if Arsenal are interested and the fee that's been quoted is accurate I think it's a good move for all parties involved.
He's Mostly restricted to a substitute role this seasons and 10 min cameos. His morale couldn't get any worse. The best thing would be to sell him this window, as his price could go down a lot more by summer.
13.5 Million, for a 31 year old that's barely featured for us this season is good business. We also have Iniesta in his role this season, who's doing a great job in the wing, so he could only go further down the pecking order.

Fishdoll

Bakalao
If Villa was indeed unhappy, or thought Tito doesnt count on him at all, he'd put in a transfer request. Nothing unprofessional about it. So this conspiracy theory you call facts still seems flawed to me.

The thing I keep coming back to in all this is that Villa is not the first CF who has found himself heading out of Camp Nou in the last few years. There were different circumstances attached to each but enough have departed recently for it to have become something of a pattern - for reasons I am not quite sure I fully understand.

F

Flavia

A good performance tonight please, although have a feeling Cesc might play as the false nine. :(
Villa and cesc have a good chemistry. I'm hopeful it works tonight, so Villa can score at least a brace.

The thing I keep coming back to in all this is that Villa is not the first CF who has found himself heading out of Camp Nou in the last few years. There were different circumstances attached to each but enough have departed recently for it to have become something of a pattern - for reasons I am not quite sure I fully understand.
I think his case is quite different to ibra or eto. He was settled as a starter alongside messi. His injury and alexis arrival changed things. Right now I'd rather see alexis leaving than Villa.

Irish_Cules

If he plays well tonight and scores he'll surely get a start at the weekend. Hopefully he can get a good run of form going then, whether it from the start or off the bench.

Home of Barca Fans