David Villa

xsever

Perhaps. However we can agree that of MVP Pedro and Villa are not the players they once were.

Villa isn't the player he's been? Well that's because he hasn't been playing at all! Pull his stats from this year. How many games and how many goals and how many assists? I think you answer lays there whether he's been himself or not.

Valdivia

David Villa should be respected more. FFS he is our most lethal option, bar Messi, and he agreed to stay til the summer. I don't know whats the problem, but we don't use him when we most need him, despite the fact that after his horrific injury he is prolific this season and has been effective.

Y

Youngie

Villa isn't the player he's been? Well that's because he hasn't been playing at all! Pull his stats from this year. How many games and how many goals and how many assists? I think you answer lays there whether he's been himself or not.

He's great at finishing chances but that's reflex. His overall play has suffered and IMO still isn't match fit. There's no point taking this up with me though. I agree Villa should play (a lot) more but the management refuses to budge.

Y

Youngie

The worrying thing here is that Villa isn't even being subbed on. Why I wonder? Did he fall out with Messi again?

barcanuck

Our only hope for having Villa play in these big matches is if the main 11 fail or if injuries happen. For the 2nd leg of Copa we need to start with him however and not go to our preferred 11 for the simple reason of having some element of surprise to our lineup.

Y

Youngie

Our only hope for having Villa play in these big matches is if the main 11 fail or if injuries happen. For the 2nd leg of Copa we need to start with him however and not go to our preferred 11 for the simple reason of having some element of surprise to our lineup.

Dunno. If Iniesta gets injured Alexis/Tello will probably be the next choices. And if Cesc gets injured Thiago/Iniesta will probably be the next choices. This is part of the problem - too much competition for places.

Vapor

Yea I'm not positive it's part of a master plan but there's no way to tell for sure. We'll have to see what happens in the 2nd leg.

Though I'm still just as baffled and frustrated as everyone else, there is no reason he should not have played this game to put Madrid in the casket after the second goal. Absolutely stupid decision making.

However I'm not going to start calling the coaches disrespectful or start calling for Villa to leave until I see our strategy in the 2nd leg. If he doesn't play THEN, and doesn't get ample playing time in the games before then, then I will join in there. I'm just giving the coaches the benefit of the doubt with this, but god is it painful to watch.

barcanuck

Yea I'm not positive it's part of a master plan but there's no way to tell for sure. We'll have to see what happens in the 2nd leg.

Though I'm still just as baffled and frustrated as everyone else, there is no reason he should not have played this game to put Madrid in the casket after the second goal. Absolutely stupid decision making.

However I'm not going to start calling the coaches disrespectful or start calling for Villa to leave until I see our strategy in the 2nd leg. If he doesn't play THEN, and doesn't get ample playing time in the games before then, then I will join in there. I'm just giving the coaches the benefit of the doubt with this, but god is it painful to watch.

I'm starting to move into this boat as well. Gave it sometime as Villa was coming back from his injury, then we played Iniesta on the left and he was amazing so Villa's minutes again disappeared. Now we don't even sub him in a classico one game after he plays a flawless 90 mins. Getting thin on the rope on why management is doing this to the top Spanish scorer of all time. He better get a good run of games in CL, Liga and in the Copa Classico.

Y

Youngie

Pretty sure David Villa will play 2nd leg against madrid. Reason: Cesc is one yellow card away from missing the final.

Hopefully Villa plays and not Alexis/Tello.

I applaud Villa though. Hardly any playing time yet he says nothing and just carries on like a pro.

Galning

Don't post such ridiculous stories without a serious link. "Just read it on twitter" isn't a good reason, and there's always the rumour thread if you really can't help yourself.

Scottro

Playing Inesta at LW instead of Villa, weakend both our midfield and our scoring threat at LW. Messi was spending way too much time going back to help at midfield and that allowed Alonso and the other midfielders help mark (and maul) Messi instead of just the central defenders. With Inesta at midfield with Xavi, and busquets instead of Fabregas I feel Messi could have played higher and closer to goal against the makeshift central defenders and made it more difficult for the midfielders to help attack Messi.

There is obviously a problem other than Villa's form IMHO considering he is scoring at such a high rate. I am so pissed at the coaches right now I could chew nails. They should have let him go to Arsenal to at least get some playing time so the guy can earn a spot on the national team.

Home of Barca Fans