Defender for next season?

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
So according to all the rumours, this is our team next season?

Neymar----------Drogba----------Messi
---------------------------------------
--------Iniesta------------------------
--------------------------Cesc--------
-----------------Yaya-----------------
---------------------------------------
Bale-----Martinez-----Pique----Montoya*

* Alves leaving.

4669812732_5407c2534c_z.jpg

To be fair transfer rumours are right pretty much 100% of the time, so that team looks legit to me.

Don't forget eto'o on the bench though.

M

Messi+Eto

Sell Fontas and Batra to raise money! They have been sitting on the bench since God knows when and still haven't improved one bit! Muniesa and Montoya show exceptional improvements and are quite promising.

P

PhilS

what do you guys feel about Yaya wanting to come back to Barca? He could easily be converted into a CB even though he is a better holding midfielder than Busi, he is fantastic in the air, has great technique, reads the game well and can burst forward at the right times.

Yaya's price has gone up since he left Barca, he's been fantastic for Man City. Paying that much to try to convert him to CB would be an adventure. Almost no CBs have the ball skills needed to play for Barca, Yaya has plenty. If he did rejoin Barca, he would have to play CB, I'd welcome that experiment.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Yaya's price has gone up since he left Barca, he's been fantastic for Man City. Paying that much to try to convert him to CB would be an adventure. Almost no CBs have the ball skills needed to play for Barca, Yaya has plenty. If he did rejoin Barca, he would have to play CB, I'd welcome that experiment.

I for one always loved Yaya Toure, and was sad when he left. I never understood why Busi was picked over Yaya with Pep because I always felt Yaya was better than Busi and I still think Yaya is better than Busi. He is all around a very complete player who can be a marauding box to box midfielder who has defensive tactical discipline yet I feel he could make an easy transition into a CB much like Mascherano, especially since he has played with us before. I think its an experiment worth taking because he could be a defensive utility man for us: he could be just as good as Busi as our CDM (in my opinion, better) and he could fill in as a CB for Puyol while simueltanously solving our height problem. 20-25 million plus Keita would be a very fair deal, and I personally would love to have him back considering I never wanted him to leave in the first place.

zanela

^^^So much wrong ^^^

Let me help you..

1. A player can't improve from the bench.
2. Fontas was only promoted last march. And he's missed half this season due to injury. The boy needs games.
3. Bartra only found himself on the bench because of a defense crisis towards the end of this season.
4. Both players won't fetch you any significant cash. Rather you loan one or both for further development.
5. Muniesa is the least prepared B team defender atm. Still has a lot of improving to do.

USWAY

Maybe just bring back Botia since Thiago and Javi are too expensive. And one isn't exactly a spring chicken and the other not a true defender.
Pique,Puyol,Mascherano,Botia. Seems ok. Sergi can step in if needed and we can use Bartra in Copa matches.
I gotta agree with this. Puyol is had that surgery in order to get healthy and lengthen his career. A (HEALTHY) motivated trio of Pique, Masch, and Puyol at CB would suffice in my opinion, but it would be stupid not to have some insurance and we could get Botia for biscuits. No way we should just leave him to be relegated. A former cantero, and he would have an easy time of getting back into the groove of things. Where we should be spending the money is on a LB, although it's true the options are limited.

Salou 10

Danny Agger from LFC. He can bring the ball up field and has a good shot.He would not cost too much and may be good cover for our CB.

Trickykid

Danny Agger from LFC. He can bring the ball up field and has a good shot.He would not cost too much and may be good cover for our CB.

He'd be the perfect fit indeed... if not for his horrendous injury history. I'm also pretty sure he'd be way more expensive than you want to believe though.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I gotta agree with this. Puyol is had that surgery in order to get healthy and lengthen his career. A (HEALTHY) motivated trio of Pique, Masch, and Puyol at CB would suffice in my opinion, but it would be stupid not to have some insurance and we could get Botia for biscuits. No way we should just leave him to be relegated. A former cantero, and he would have an easy time of getting back into the groove of things. Where we should be spending the money is on a LB, although it's true the options are limited.

I agree with bringing back Botia, wouldn't hurt. The more I think about it though, the more and more bring back Yaya sounds really good. Like I said in an earlier post, Yaya is really versatile and can play either as CB or as a DM. He has height, has played in our system before and has great ball control. It just seems like a win-win, we get two players for the price of one.

hellsangel1

There's no way we're getting Yaya off of City unless we pay massive amounts of money and I don't want to spend heavily on somebody who's 29.

Home of Barca Fans