Defender for next season?

SeloBarca

I agree ARM, thats kinda the logic alot of people use here.
But, we cant just buy the number 1 player in that position, take a player like Bosquetes for example, probably one of the best if not the best DM in the world right now, but he wouldnt be as good in another team.
"Més que un Club" Barcelona is a family, we play together as a team, and thats what makes us so great, otherwise we just become another Chelsea or PSG, how good was Chelsea the first 2-3 years when they bought "the best" players?
Manchester City have learned this now, instead of buying the most expensive players, they buy quality players that fits into a team and works good with other player, like Silva, their not there yet, but i think they can overgrow Chelsea.

But we need a new CB, Puyol is still there and we all love him, but he wont play forever unfortunally
Unfortunally theres no CB with Puyols qualities, most of them are to similiar to Pique

Der Kaiser

It's always the same with goalkeepers, they have 10 good games which nobody remembers but make 2 mistakes and get hated on. Valdes is a solid GK, perfect for our system since he's also good on the ball and a good
passer. He wasn't our weakness vs Chelsea, 5(?) post-hits vs a parked bus aka bad luck was our weakness.

I agree ARM, thats kinda the logic alot of people use here.
But, we cant just buy the number 1 player in that position, take a player like Bosquetes for example, probably one of the best if not the best DM in the world right now, but he wouldnt be as good in another team.
"Més que un Club" Barcelona is a family, we play together as a team, and thats what makes us so great, otherwise we just become another Chelsea or PSG, how good was Chelsea the first 2-3 years when they bought "the best" players?
Manchester City have learned this now, instead of buying the most expensive players, they buy quality players that fits into a team and works good with other player, like Silva, their not there yet, but i think they can overgrow Chelsea.

But we need a new CB, Puyol is still there and we all love him, but he wont play forever unfortunally
Unfortunally theres no CB with Puyols qualities, most of them are to similiar to Pique

No,PSG/Chelsea/City etc bought the whole team.That's different,they had to fit the whole team into something.I don't think 2 players would dissrupt 'the family' just like that.I can't see why Kompany wouldn't 'fit' in our team.'Fitting' is more important for MFs and FWs,CB just have to be quality player who will do the yob he's assigned to.How many excuse,just to keep the money and not buy...
I'm not calling for waisting money,people,just for necessary peaces of puzzle we need!
Bartra to stop Ronaldo/Silva/Aguero/Rooney etc?:(

It's always the same with goalkeepers, they have 10 good games which nobody remembers but make 2 mistakes and get hated on. Valdes is a solid GK, perfect for our system since he's also good on the ball and a good
passer. He wasn't our weakness vs Chelsea, 5(?) post-hits vs a parked bus aka bad luck was our weakness.

I really try my best but can't understand this 'he's good on the ball,great passer' story...I have no intention to offend anyone,God forbid,but...good on the ball?He is a GOALKEEPER,people.He does a few passes in the game,gives the ball to Puyol and that's it.Now,what do we have of that?HE PASSED PERFECTLY TO PUYOL AND PIQUE 10 TIMES in some game.So what?Very important!What that brought to us?You talk of it like he's MF makin' chances for a goal or something.
Hart would't reseive third of Valdes goals and that would bring us some trophy.Passes I forget in 2 minutes.Trophys last forever

F

Flavia

Hart would't reseive third of Valdes goals and that would bring us some trophy.Passes I forget in 2 minutes.Trophys last forever
Valdes won the zamora the last four seasons. He was the gk that conceded less in spain for 4 seasons in a row. He's solid. Might not be the best, but he's not at fault for Barça losing cl or la liga last season.

Trickykid

I really try my best but can't understand this 'he's good on the ball,great passer' story...I have no intention to offend anyone,God forbid,but...good on the ball?He is a GOALKEEPER,people.He does a few passes in the game,gives the ball to Puyol and that's it.Now,what do we have of that?HE PASSED PERFECTLY TO PUYOL AND PIQUE 10 TIMES in some game.So what?Very important!What that brought to us?You talk of it like he's MF makin' chances for a goal or something.

It probably seems like I'm picking on you, but so many of your statements are so bloody wrong, that I just can't help myself. Valdes does way, way WAY more than a few passes a game, and many of them are to the wings for the likes of Alves, while being under serious pressure of aggressive attackers. If our goalie wasn't so good with his feet, we would have to resort to kicking the ball upfield instead, which in turn would ruin the entire concept of keeping the ball on our own feet for as much as possible. Unless of course you believe that Messi, Villa, Alexis, Iniesta and the rest of the dwarves would win the air duels that would ensue.

X

xaviniesta

antirealmadrid should change his name to antibarca really. what an annoying character. i could practicly tell you who you are by just asking your opinion about valdes. and by that, i could tell you that he is just another messi loving fanboy here who is the club supporter for like whole 3 months already!

Valdes won the zamora the last four seasons. He was the gk that conceded less in spain for 4 seasons in a row. He's solid. Might not be the best, but he's not at fault for Barça losing cl or la liga last season.

He got zamora?He got statistics?
This the statistisc:we received 29 goals-same as City.But they play in 2 times harder league then ours!At least 5 teams fight for trophy in Premier,in Primer only 2!Eccept us and Real,there is no serious team in Primera,man!3.team in our league won 61 points and 6.team in Premier won 64!And that team is Champion of europe!
3.team from our league had 17 victories,6.team in PL 18!
Our league is a joke,it's ridicoulus how weak teams play in Primera.Even 2.class PL teams like Everton,Newcastle,Stoke would trash enybody in our league eccept of us and Real!Granada gave us 3 pieces!We couldn't beat Betis!
Imagine we played in Premier insted of City and play against United,Chelsea,Liverpool,Tottenham,Newcastle,Stoke,Arsenal etc.
Granada loaded us with 3 easy pieces,man!!!
Who will win next Premier?No one knows.
And Primera?We or Real.Nobody else doesn't stand ANY chace

F

Flavia

He got zamora?He got statistics?
This the statistisc:we received 29 goals-same as City.But they play in 2 times harder league then ours!At least 5 teams fight for trophy in Premier,in Primer only 2!Eccept us and Real,there is no serious team in Primera,man!3.team in our league won 61 points and 6.team in Premier won 64!And that team is Champion of europe!
3.team from our league had 17 victories,6.team in PL 18!
Our league is a joke,it's ridicoulus how weak teams play in Primera.Even 2.class PL teams like Everton,Newcastle,Stoke would trash enybody in our league eccept of us and Real!Granada gave us 3 pieces!We couldn't beat Betis!
Imagine we played in Premier insted of City and play against United,Chelsea,Liverpool,Tottenham,Newcastle,Stoke,Arsenal etc.
Granada loaded us with 3 easy pieces,man!!!
Who will win next Premier?No one knows.
And Primera?We or Real.Nobody else doesn't stand ANY chace
So what? Valdes conceded less than Casillas. This Barça won 14 titles with Valdes and Pinto on goal. So there's really no sense in saying we would win more with Hart or any other keeper. What you think about the PL has no importance over this. Barça beat manchester united twice, on 2 cl finals played. And arsenal in 2006. Guess who was the gk for Barça on these 3 cl finals?

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
ahh what can you do Allas there everywhere, just enjoy the select few & ignore the rest which is what i do, being a Barcelona fan like yourself this board is guarenteed to bring you glory hunters/fanboys but what can you do? it's like it everywhere you go.

So what? Valdes conceded less than Casillas. This Barça won 14 titles with Valdes and Pinto on goal. So there's really no sense in saying we would win more with Hart or any other keeper. What you think about the PL has no importance over this. Barça beat manchester united twice, on 2 cl finals played. And arsenal in 2006. Guess who was the gk for Barça on these 3 cl finals?

I am missunderstood here.I know we won all that matches in the past.That's exactly my point-we use to win easily,Real was easy meat,nobody could read or block our game.It is past tense!2006,you say?I'n talking now,2012!
Now we struggle to defeat Betis,Sevilla blocked our game,Chelsea stopped us...Hate me as much as you want,truth is pain 4 for me 2,but fact is:
Valdes isn't what he was.And Puyol 2.And Pique,etc.
Others are getting stronger,better,evolving.
Real couldn't get any trophy.Then last year he won Copa,
And then,this year,Real won Primera.
What is next?
See me as AntiBarca if you like,but this is fact(and it hurts me maybe more then you,that's why I'm trying to shake us)-everybody is evolving,improving.And what do we do?We say:let's not change.All is perfect.Ok.
P.S. We all love Barca and wish her the best,so let's not mock eachother and give together all our energy and passion to thie magnificant institution:worthy::barca scarf::worthy:

Home of Barca Fans