Defender for next season?

Valdez is epic in his own way, his footwork far exceeds that of the listed keepers. His reflex is just as good, he's just prone to the occasional mistake. For me he is better than Casillas, that may be cule in me speaking but I honestly believe it.

Valdes better then Casillas?Allright,I give up,this is helpless.Let us play with mediocre defence.God help us this season:worthy:

F

Flavia

Valdes better then Casillas?Allright,I give up,this is helpless.Let us play with mediocre defence.God help us this season:worthy:
Mediocre defense? Geez. Valdes won the zamora the last 4 seasons, in a row. That was probably by chance.

M

mitkoa7x

vp20H.gif

Superfly

Banned
if we want to be the best,we need to have the best(players).
You disagree-fine.Just don't say I didn't warn you...

Because buying and bidding for every great player out there has worked oh so well for City last season (finishing tied on points with a piss poor United side, getting knocked out of both the CL and Europa)....and Madrid (and to some extent, Chelski) years before that...

Real life isn't like FM man.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Well, picking on you for your spelling of Neuer was a bit unnecessary... but I can't help but wonder if you've even watched our games the last seasons...

Overall he's been slightly better than Casillas the last 4 years, the only season Casillas did better was the last one. Compiling a list of the best GKs is incredibly difficult, but I honestly believe both of them are in the top 20 (with the reservation that there might be incredible keepers in Asian/African/American leagues). And with the close competition between goalkeepers, being in the top 20 is more than enough. The only current keeper I see with the potential to rise above the rest is Neuer, even if the guy Chelsea loaned to Atletico looks like a decent prospect too.

Mascherano might have been very good as a dm for Liverpool, but it doesn't matter since the roles are so different. We need someone with similar characteristics to Busi, and hopefully a bit faster, unless we stick to Thiago/JDS/Cesc/Bartra/Fontás.

----
Finally, your name doesn't really make sence... You seem to have the exact same view of football as Real Madrid... You even want to buy Casillas...

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Well, picking on you for your spelling of Neuer was a bit unnecessary... but I can't help but wonder if you've even watched our games the last seasons...

Overall he's been slightly better than Casillas the last 4 years, the only season Casillas did better was the last one. Compiling a list of the best GKs is incredibly difficult, but I honestly believe both of them are in the top 20 (with the reservation that there might be incredible keepers in Asian/African/American leagues). And with the close competition between goalkeepers, being in the top 20 is more than enough. The only current keeper I see with the potential to rise above the rest is Neuer, even if the guy Chelsea loaned to Atletico looks like a decent prospect too.

Mascherano might have been very good as a dm for Liverpool, but it doesn't matter since the roles are so different. We need someone with similar characteristics to Busi, and hopefully a bit faster, unless we stick to Thiago/JDS/Cesc/Bartra/Fontás.

----
Finally, your name doesn't really make sence... You seem to have the exact same view of football as Real Madrid... You even want to buy Casillas...

Well, wasn't it that statistics showed that Valdes and Casillas both saved 78% of shots in total over the last 4 seasons? Exactly the same... Still, I'd rate Casillas higher than Valdes, just because I see him make less stupid mistakes and more incredible saves. But hey, that's just my opinion :)

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
It's possible... I only checked before this season was over. Anyway, only fools believe Casillas is a vastly superior goalkeeper. Both are great, probably the best in the league. I really like Diego Alves, he's one of the most spectacular goalkeepers I've seen, but he's a bit too inconsistent and comes from a season that wasn't as good as the previous ones.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Agger is not playing today. Unless he's injured, guess he is on the move then.

Edit: His agent apparently said he's not injured and it's a "tactical" decision.

zanela

You forget that HALF of Reals team plays defence-CBs,SBs(they only sometimes join the attack) and DMs(Alonso and Kedira most of the game play as JCBs-Joined CBs)so they don't need that good CBs when half of the team defend like wolves!Our SBs and DM spend most of the time forward...
Sorry, but madrid plays cautious and defensive only when they face their arch-rivals. Against the rest, they take more initiatives, and do attack in numbers when they've the ball.

Bartra to stop Falcao/Soldado/Nistelrooy etc?I admire your trust in him.

Defenders don't always 've to be built like a tank and be aggressive to neutralize oppn threat. It's all about intelligent positioning, and anticipation, and half the battle is won. Falcao and Soldado 've even failed against lesser defenders at times. (Bartra will worry about Nistelrooy when he comes out of retirement).
I don't see how Bartra with a bit of experience(which will come with regular gametime) won't be up to the task. If Pep thought the same as you, he'd 've probs gone for a high profile CB signing, instead of Piqué (who if i remind you was in a similar situation as Bartra at the same age), and the latter would not 've developed as he did.

Teams with better CBs?Chelsea,City,PSG,...Piqué is not the player of highest quality.Mascherano is just good replacement for real CB.Only Puyol is read deal but he is not who he use to be earlyer.United payed Ferdinand highest amount in the world in that moment and had a great real defender for 10 years.Milan had Nesta etc.
We are the best club in the world,so we must buy the best GK,CB and DM in the world,forget all the worrys and make room for trophys

Chelsea and City are not teams with better CB's. If you think they are, come up with player-player comparison, and tell us all y you think each one of them is better than ours. (won't comment on PSG, as my knowledge of them is limited)
We are the best club in the world, but we reached that status, not by buying WC players for each position, but by having players (wc or not) that understand our system, team dynamics and ethos. Who better to satisfy the criteria than our very own cantera thats been at the heart of our recent success, (the foreign buys have merely played a supporting role albeit an imp one)

And for the record, we do 've the best DM in the world.

Going by your posts, you're either a madrid fan in disguise, or you're just a bit delusional.

I know but it doesn't really give him justice considering he had been playing so long as a CB before that. Switching positions isn't just a snap of fingers.
I'm not trying to prove he would be ideal for Barca. I'm just saying he was given relatively little time to prove himself as a DM, so at least I can't
really judge him. I remember him from Pool where he rocked the midfield. I also don't view him as a terrible CB. I consider him a risk. My heart is always
in my throat when he throws the sliding tackle as the last man.

At pool, Masch was a mere ball winner, his partner in Alonso was the won who set up attacks, and spread play. A DM at Barca, should be able to both defend and contribute to the offense. Our system requires fast transitions, and the DM should be able to facilitate that, with his quick one touch passing, intelligent ball distribution, and positioning. Masch doesn't do justice to the role. Infact, he hasn't even been convincing for the Argies as a DM anymore (and i watch them regularly)...May be because he's accustomed to playing a CB these days. His evolution as a CB has paid dividends for Barca, and thats where his future lies, for better or for worse.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Sorry, but madrid plays cautious and defensive only when they face their arch-rivals. Against the rest, they take more initiatives, and do attack in numbers when they've the ball.

Defenders don't always 've to be built like a tank and be aggressive to neutralize oppn threat. It's all about intelligent positioning, and anticipation, and half the battle is won. Falcao and Soldado 've even failed against lesser defenders at times. (Bartra will worry about Nistelrooy when he comes out of retirement).
I don't see how Bartra with a bit of experience(which will come with regular gametime) won't be up to the task. If Pep thought the same as you, he'd 've probs gone for a high profile CB signing, instead of Piqué (who if i remind you was in a similar situation as Bartra at the same age), and the latter would not 've developed as he did.

Chelsea and City are not teams with better CB's. If you think they are, come up with player-player comparison, and tell us all y you think each one of them is better than ours. (won't comment on PSG, as my knowledge of them is limited)
We are the best club in the world, but we reached that status, not by buying WC players for each position, but by having players (wc or not) that understand our system, team dynamics and ethos. Who better to satisfy the criteria than our very own cantera thats been at the heart of our recent success, (the foreign buys have merely played a supporting role albeit an imp one)

Going by your posts, you're either a madrid fan in disguise, or you're just a bit delusional.

At pool, Masch was a mere ball winner, his partner in Alonso was the won who set up attacks, and spread play. A DM at Barca, should be able to both defend and contribute to the offense. Our system requires fast transitions, and the DM should be able to facilitate that, with his quick one touch passing, intelligent ball distribution, and positioning. Masch doesn't do justice to the role. Infact, he hasn't even been convincing for the Argies as a DM anymore (and i watch them regularly)...May be because he's accustomed to playing a CB these days. His evolution as a CB has paid dividends for Barca, and thats where his future lies, for better or for worse.

:worthy:/ :wub:

X

xaviniesta

valdes is soo good that he could play even as a defender as we are looking it in this thread.

Darko

yes,but as many have already stated Valdes has qualities that make him the best option for a Barca keeper

:thumbsup2:

Home of Barca Fans