Defender for next season?

F

Flavia

barcastuff
The performances of Marc Bartra (21) against PSG and Man United could influence the club's decision to buy or not another centre back. [md]

Let's hope he does well.

Meitux

yes because he suits in not clearing the ball and making good passing but valdes has shown us many times that he makes many errors not only coming out like in ramires goal and cristiano but in passing he gave the ball away cheaply like against real madrid and he has done worst in the past

X

xaviniesta

yes because he suits in not clearing the ball and making good passing but valdes has shown us many times that he makes many errors not only coming out like in ramires goal and cristiano but in passing he gave the ball away cheaply like against real madrid and he has done worst in the past

not this shit again...

yeswecan

Casillas is better than Valdes, let's not be ridiculous here.

the level of bias in this forum
facepalm.gif

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's mind-boggling how all of sudden they do consider Bartra as an option. Like he wasn't at the club for 10 years already and now it all falls down on 1 or 2 matches? Him even considered seems a fluke as Thiago Silva and Javi Martinez were out of reach and we didn't know who Hummels was until the EC started.
Or Zubi doing absolutely nothing for a year and come summer he needs weeks and weeks to get one extension and somehow can't do anything else during that time than tabling an offer, which was put by lawyers in the first place.
Sometimes they really are deer in headlights. Someone will say Alba but in reality his contract was running out and we still paid almost the release clause.

I don't know what references director of football needs but it does seem to me that you don't really have to have any job references or business knowledge. Being a former player and side with Laporta or Rosell (Txiki and Zubi) during elections suffices.

I wouldn't normally be concerned with it all but I'm not liking some decisions re. youth teams. Letting Oscar go from Juvenil A while keeping Eusebio who now crowds the B team with odd players. We had a great thing going with Oscar + Lucho grooming our future and now this is in jeopardy.
In the end those are all Zubi's decisions.

Barcilliant

It's mind-boggling how all of sudden they do consider Bartra as an option. Like he wasn't at the club for 10 years already and now it all falls down on 1 or 2 matches? Him even considered seems a fluke as Thiago Silva and Javi Martinez were out of reach and we didn't know who Hummels was until the EC started.
Or Zubi doing absolutely nothing for a year and come summer he needs weeks and weeks to get one extension and somehow can't do anything else during that time than tabling an offer, which was put by lawyers in the first place.
Sometimes they really are deer in headlights. Someone will say Alba but in reality his contract was running out and we still paid almost the release clause.

I don't know what references director of football needs but it does seem to me that you don't really have to have any job references or business knowledge. Being a former player and side with Laporta or Rosell (Txiki and Zubi) during elections suffices.

I wouldn't normally be concerned with it all but I'm not liking some decisions re. youth teams. Letting Oscar go from Juvenil A while keeping Eusebio who now crowds the B team with odd players. We had a great thing going with Oscar + Lucho grooming our future and now this is in jeopardy.
In the end those are all Zubi's decisions.

This is true. Some of these decisions are baffling. How can you just heap pressure on Batra and expect him to perform in some friendlies? Supposedly there were 50 players who could play DM & CB and now suddenly we cant buy anyone. My guess is Rosell and Zubi are penny pinching and saving all that money for Neymar. If so this is a HUUUUUGGEEE mistake. Defence is just as important as offence and even more important in Europe. Remember what happened to the Galacticos and Real Madrid?? We will go that way if we stock up on attacking talent and expect miracles from the youth set up.

I think many people here get overemotional when I say that some things.Some coments appear to me like when you're in love with a girl and see her flaws like strengths.
We must be realistic(not Real-istic:lol:),people...we need to put our hand on our heart and honestly answer:
Is Messi best in the world on his possition?YEEESSSS:worthy:!
Xavi on his?YEEEEEAAHHHH:worthy:!
Iniesta on his?YYEEP!:worthy:
Dani Alves on his?YEEEEEEEEEE:worthy:!
Busquets on his?YYYEEEESSSS:worthy:
Valdes?Pique?:(:blush: What?:(N.. What,didn't hear you? :blush: no...
More and more teams understand how to block us and how to score against us!We urgently need formed,long term,relyable top class CB,GK,DM to cope with monsters like City,Real,PSG,Chelsea etc - an little bloodsuckers from PD.Valdes maybe has a great statistics but he gets goals through the scirt and through the ears(we use that term in the Balkans,not sure you comprehend)!And Pinto!I still don't believe we keep that guy!Have you seen that goal he got last game?Incredible clumsy man.
La Masia can give us much-BUT NOT EVERYTHING!Some players WE JUST MUST buy,God,are we this cheep,even if it will cost us much more at the end?Its bettr to buy new tire then car transport when it stops in the desert

PacoBJuarez

But the thing is we're NOT City, Chelsea, PSG. You can't expect us to do that.

I completely agree with that. Which is why in discussions like this, I won't suggest crazy things like trying to buy Neuer or Casillas... but I will definitely point out that Valdes is not the best keeper. Because he's not. It's not realistic for us to go out and buy the best at every position, but neither is it realistic for us to believe that every player we have is the best at every position simply because he plays for us.

XaviMessiGirl

I completely agree with that. Which is why in discussions like this, I won't suggest crazy things like trying to buy Neuer or Casillas... but I will definitely point out that Valdes is not the best keeper. Because he's not. It's not realistic for us to go out and buy the best at every position, but neither is it realistic for us to believe that every player we have is the best at every position simply because he plays for us.

yup, agree there.

Maria

Neuer :lol:

When I hear things like VV isn't in the top 5 GKs in the world and then people suggest that we buy Neuer, this only proves that most people only watch CL and El Clasico. Otherwise nobody would want to buy Neuer after the mistakes he made last year in Bundesliga and the number of points he cost Bayern. It saddens me that after what VV did for us in CL finals or SFs or games like the one against Villareal last year I see cules saying that he is mediocre...he may not be as good as Iker or Buffon, but those 2 can be considered 2 of the best GKs in the history.

It seems to me that for some of our players all it takes is a few bad games or a bad period before we think that they should be replaced. The only thing that I ask from those that keep criticizing VV for his mistakes against Chelsea and RM is to do the same with Messi..so I hope that I won't see them asking the BdO again for the argentinian, because after all, he is uncapable of scoring one goal against Chelsea.

What is crazy in knowing that we are weakest in the back and trying to eliminate weaknesses with quality solutions?The most logical and wise thing is to search and destroy your weaknesses and keep and develop your strengts to the max.
You propose that we say:"We have weak spots there and there.Everybody knows them.Let's ALLOW THEM TO EXIST and hope others won't exploit them".Wise?I don't think so,but,it's ok,we are here to discuss and try to figure out what is best for our beloved team:barca scarf:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
What is crazy in knowing that we are weakest in the back and trying to eliminate weaknesses with quality solutions?The most logical and wise thing is to search and destroy your weaknesses and keep and develop your strengts to the max.
You propose that we say:"We have weak spots there and there.Everybody knows them.Let's ALLOW THEM TO EXIST and hope others won't exploit them".Wise?I don't think so,but,it's ok,we are here to discuss and try to figure out what is best for our beloved team:barca scarf:

Who would be better than what we have now? I see no realistic transfer that would immediately improve our first team without costing too much or disrupting our game.

Home of Barca Fans