Denis Suarez

anguy

Monchi(Sevilla's director) made clear there's no chance Denis can return to Barça next summer. His loan is for 2 years. If Barça want him back, they'll have to negotiate for him...
Another great plan, ahead of a ban. Board of :shit:

OK, stop talking nonsense. The plan was good and rational. We had Iniesta, Rakitic and Rafinha for AM spot. Plus Messi was supposed to play more as AM. It was unlikely Suarez would get much playing time needed for his development. But Rakitic went to play CM instead of Xavi and Rafinha was not convincing so far (this pretty much proves that just because someone looks promising in some other team, it doesn't mean he'll make it in Barca, the same might be true with Denis in future). So it looks to be a mistake jut in retrospect. And BTW we still have Rakitic as backup for AM, if Lucho wants it.

Also some might say it might have been a mistake to loan him to Sevilla for 2 years, instead of one. Why, you might ask? The answer is simple - teams are unlikely to invest much into players, they know will leave at the end of season for free. They build around players, they know will stay longer. If Suarez was loaned just for one year, Sevilla might keep him on the bench more (like Deulofeu in Everton). He was loaned for 2 years to motivate Sevilla to play him more.

In long term it is a good deal. Stop thinking about next weak think about next years.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
OK, stop talking nonsense. The plan was good and rational. We had Iniesta, Rakitic and Rafinha for AM spot. Plus Messi was supposed to play more as AM. It was unlikely Suarez would get much playing time needed for his development. But Rakitic went to play CM instead of Xavi and Rafinha was not convincing so far (this pretty much proves that just because someone looks promising in some other team, it doesn't mean he'll make it in Barca, the same might be true with Denis in future). So it looks to be a mistake jut in retrospect. And BTW we still have Rakitic as backup for AM, if Lucho wants it.

Also some might say it might have been a mistake to loan him to Sevilla for 2 years, instead of one. Why, you might ask? The answer is simple - teams are unlikely to invest much into players, they know will leave at the end of season for free. They build around players, they know will stay longer. If Suarez was loaned just for one year, Sevilla might keep him on the bench more (like Deulofeu in Everton). He was loaned for 2 years to motivate Sevilla to play him more.

In long term it is a good deal. Stop thinking about next weak think about next years.

Totally agree. He is more of an AM.what we desperately need is a CM. I hope Denis develops into a CM during his 2 year stay, but I won't get my hopes high.

F

Flavia

You should think about the 2 windows ban we'll face, and look at our midfield. A plan like that is not good. The loan for 2 years is fine, but in no way Sevilla was supposed to get that much power and say about the player's future. He is a Barça player. A clause saying he could come back at anytime should had been put there, at the very least. Even if there was some kind of compensation... but now the club is hostage of Sevilla's will. If this is good management for you, I really don't know what to say.

anguy

You should think about the 2 windows ban we'll face, and look at our midfield. A plan like that is not good. The loan for 2 years is fine, but in no way Sevilla was supposed to get that much power and say about the player's future. He is a Barça player. A clause saying he could come back at anytime should had been put there, at the very least. Even if there was some kind of compensation... but now the club is hostage of Sevilla's will. If this is good management for you, I really don't know what to say.

If there was some clause added, it might have resulted in the same situation as 1 year loan - Sevilla reluctant to to build team around a player, that might go back to FCB anytime.

Besides maybe it is better for him to not be here now. Imagine how many people would be screaming bust if he was forced to cover for our wingbacks and as a result of that unable to contribute much offensively.

F

Flavia

If there was some clause added, it might have resulted in the same situation as 1 year loan - Sevilla reluctant to to build team around a player, that might go back to FCB anytime.

Besides maybe it is better for him to not be here now. Imagine how many people would be screaming bust if he was forced to cover for our wingbacks and as a result of that unable to contribute much offensively.

Sevilla's not built around him. And the best way to make a club play a loaned player is to have penalty clauses if the player is not played x% of his available time, or a bonus if he plays a lot. Or something else. Not like this, even more with an upcoming ban.

khaled_a_d

I think you are forgetting the fact that it was a part of a deal that we signed one of their players,they had some leverage in the negotiation
That said the type of clause that says they can buy him while we can block the move by paying them seems ridiculous tbh

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Sevilla's not built around him. And the best way to make a club play a loaned player is to have penalty clauses if the player is not played x% of his available time, or a bonus if he plays a lot. Or something else. Not like this, even more with an upcoming ban.
They have monchi , we have Zubi

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Iniesta had a decent speed at his prime. Also, I haven't noticed Suarez being slow at all.

tacticvarium

Actually Denis is a quick player. He is among the top 5 or 6 fastest players in Sevilla now based on the match stats. In fact, I feel that Denis needs to be better with the ball. He needs to be more skillful and dangerous player. Compared to Denis, Isco who plays in the same positon as Denis is a slower player but more skillful at this moment. However, I believe that Denis is adapting to the highest level of football and still improving. It will be interesting to watch the rivalry between him and Isco in the near future.

Last edited:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I actually cheered for him when he skinned Dani and Pique. Dunno why it was an involuntary reaction I guess. (maybe I just don't like current Dani and regular Pique)

Home of Barca Fans