Denis Suarez

JamDav1982

I can't really give my judgement on him in midfield. It's as if his skills are muted when he plays centrally.

What do you guys think?

I thought he played really well.

Especially on the counter his pace compared to the other CMs allowed for more options and opened up room for Messi

The energy in the team today was immense and Denis was a part of that.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's a lack of attention if you really thought he was that quiet today. Started like 3 quick sequences/counters and won the ball in advanced positions high up the pitch a few times as well. He was involved and stimulating a lot of quick attacking play around/in the box and moved the ball really well. Really good creative input in our midfield.

This is the second game where Denis really made his impact felt I feel. In the first Supercup leg his sub made us more direct and dynamic. Lots of forward direction in our play while we were extremely slow and static before he got on. Now today we were sending wave after wave of attacks with him in midfield, often with his involvement both on and off the ball. He was at the nucleus of a lot of dangerous moves and supported other ones. As Jamdav mentioned in the chat, his runs away from the ball into space really help stimulating our attacking impetus. After he was subbed off and Arda moved into midfield, the game slowed down very significantly on our end. Our only source of energy and directness came from an inspired Messi.

If we're playing slow (which has often been our issue in deadlock games), Denis is the guy I want to sub on without a single doubt. He can change the energy and tempo of a game with his style of play. His influence in adding something we sometimes lack is very pronounced.

Barcilliant

He has a long way to go IMO.

He careless at times and lacking end product. Good back up but jury is out on whether he can Bea regular starter.

Nucky

He is still young, will improve in Barca.. Our future is very bright.. D.Suarez,Roberto,Digne,Umtiti,Gomes,Rafinha,Samper,Munir,Neymar.. ;)

opjeoff

He is still young, will improve in Barca.. Our future is very bright.. D.Suarez,Roberto,Digne,Umtiti,Gomes,Rafinha,Samper,Munir,Neymar.. ;)

I wonder how many of those will leave before the become starters. A year ago we would have put Bartra in that list.

PhilS

Good start for D Suarez, he seemed to fit right in, which is huge for a player just joining the team. I don't think he will ever be a star on this team, but this team does already have lots of those. If he can keep the flow going, do a good job getting the ball to the real talent up front, be a plus on defense, that will be just fine.

This guy could well be the first option behind both Iniesta and Rakitic. I could see him being the outfield player outside of the first 11 who gets the most minutes this year.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tonight he played as lcm in Iniesta's role as opposed to last match. I liked him but he fizzled out in 2nd half.

Since Gomes showed nothing he is still ahead in pecking order.

xXKonan

CrR9qldXEAADQ50.jpg:large

Starts vs San Marino.

Home of Barca Fans