Denis Suarez

Mitchell1978

He will improve but right now he is too soft, gets dispossed to easily. Compare it to Iniesta who is far from big and strong but he knows how to use his body/doesn't back away.

BBZ8800

Told you guys he's more of a winger. But let's wait and observe more

It is way too early, but he reminds me again and again at Rafinha (whom I don't like).
Denis has some nice moves and skills at times when you could think: this guy is awesome.
But majority of times he is somewhat lost, passing back to Busi all the time or losing the ball.

Plus, I get all the time that Rafinha's vibe: is this guy on the pitch and do we have a one man down (positionally) when he is on the field (as if there is one giant hole in a midfield area when Rafinha/Denis are on the field, exactly as if we have a man down).

I don't have problems with his skills or anything, but currently he doesn't fit in.
His style of midfield playmaking is not suited for Barca's style.
If he'll turn more into Barca's Dna midfielder later in upcoming Months and years, fine.
But if he'll play this way (or if he doesn't know to play differently since this is who he is/this is his default footballing Dna), he will fall very fast in the pecking order and we will be back very soon on market looking for new Iniestas.
But again, it is way too early, but some huge concerns are visible already after a lot of hype after first matches.

Last edited:

SeloBarca

I'm not to sure our midfield bench is that much stronger than last year, And our main midfield still lacks creativity.
Iniesta is one year older but still far above everyone else.
We rely on Messi, Neymar, Suarez and Iniesta to do everything going forward, but none of them except Messi are actually any good at creating.

PhilS

Not really showing Barca-level skills yet, not ready to start every game for this team. Looks much better with the first team than he does with the team Lucho fielded yesterday. Rafinha, Gomes and Arda may get more opportunities now.

jamrock

This is why barca don't normally loan out there midfielders, when they get back they have too many bad habits, you have to retrain them all over again.

You expect that from a player you buy, but once you have them in house, teach them in house.

We will see how he develops.

This is why barca don't normally loan out there midfielders, when they get back they have too many bad habits, you have to retrain them all over again.

You expect that from a player you buy, but once you have them in house, teach them in house.

what are these bad habits? I don't see how a player's skillset changes on loan

Alik

What bad habits did Denis develop that he did not have whilst he was playing at Barca B?

Total-Football

i was worried about this stuff and it's already happened .. we are bloated in midfield and the direct result of that is denying Denis suarez some precious minutes .. he looked really solid when he had a Stream game of games and now he already looked in doubt after being benched a couple games .. Gomes-denis- rafinha-arda are going to face some problems due to reduced playing time.

Rahj

why isnt arda set to play on the wing? he did well in that position at the beginning of the season.

BBZ8800

why isnt arda set to play on the wing? he did well in that position at the beginning of the season.

It is hard to play on a wing when Neymar and Messi play.
Neymar played 90+90+90 minutes in a row.
Messi played 90+90.

They will surely play again against Atletico on Wednesday.

In those circumstances, Arda is a midfielder again.

Home of Barca Fans