Diego Forlan

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Forlan is a majestic player.
All world bow to La Liga. Together with Villa, Forlan showed that they are the best strikers on the tournament.

XaviMessiGirl

I read in another thread that he is nominated too. Doubtful he will get it since he's not in the final but he has been class and I think he deserves it as much as the nominees in the final.

B

blaugranamtl

he is not that old..

Correct, he is 31 perfect age if you want to sign a player with experience but I would rather a younger player like Pato but if Forlan was to join us then I would be more than happy, I always liked him

XaviMessiGirl

he is not that old..

He's 31 dude... not what a typical new signing would be. He still plays like a 25 year old but that's beside the point, it would still be seen as a gamble by most clubs. That's also not the only reason, I'm sure Atletico is definitely not keen to let him go now. He and Kun Aguero essentially carry that team

Plus we have a load of talent already, this is a similar argument against those who wanted us to sign Torres even after signing Villa, when we don't need more people up front.

Forlan is one of my favorite players but that doesn't necessarily mean that he needs to be at Barca. Getting him last summer instead of Ibra would have been ideal but it didn't work out that way, now it's too late imo.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
atleti will not sell for anything less than crazymoney coz he's their best player.

no one is gonna pay crazymoney for a 31 year old.

it's a shame, because I think he's fantastic and deserves a bigger club than atleti, but it is what it is.

Home of Barca Fans