Diego Forlan

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Alex ferguson wud disagree...i'd say Bojan is overrated by the cules

nolan? wardo? is that you? :D

check bojan's starts to goals ratio, it's basically 1 in 2. that's pretty f'in' impressive for a teenager. and I say starts rather than appearances because he tends to get used a lot for 5 minute cameos in games that are finished.

zanela

i do not rate Bojan that highly he is good for his age but not a starter yet and has a loooong way to go, but Macheda had his moment of glory he will never break into the first team danny Welbeck and Fraizer campbell is better than him

i wudnt b so sure if i were u...

zanela

nolan? wardo? is that you? :D

check bojan's starts to goals ratio, it's basically 1 in 2. that's pretty f'in' impressive for a teenager. and I say starts rather than appearances because he tends to get used a lot for 5 minute cameos in games that are finished.

Whose nolan?

Even a half decent striker can score goals in tis Barca team...dnt see wht the fuss is all abt?

Bojan -
Games Started - 35(48)
Goals - 21
Avg - 0.6 goals/game (without the sub app)

Balotelli -
Games Started - 25(14)
Goals - 12
Avg - 0.48 goals/game

Pato
Games Started - 42(14)
Goals - 24
Avg - 0.57 goals/game

From the above i dnt see anythin as impressive as ur makin it out 2 be...Both Balotelli n Pato have more or less similar avgs as Bojan's...considerin both these players are in teams tht dnt create as many chances as Barca...they 've dne quite well...i dnt know if Bojan ll b this productive if he played for those 2 italian teams....All im tryin 2 say is i 've not witnessed anythin brilliant yet frm ur only teenager striker in the whole wide world 2 suggest he is the striker's solution for this club longterm...

Culeee

I agree with zanela i think bojan is a bit overrated.. He is only 18 though and i wouldnt rule out the possibility of him becoming a great striker one day but i still believe he is little overrated by most cules at this point.

Besides i would go for Villa, forlan has been great this season but he is a bit of a risk as far as the big stage goes. And ibra is a risk because of his selfish playing style and his big ego that obviously wouldnt fit over here.. so that would mean pep would have to straighten him out which i believe he can but its still a risk.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
ok Bojan has lots of potential, but we cannot expect him to be anything close to messi.. He is still young and some players peak later than others and he has plenty of time to learn and gain experience, but we cannot expect him to be a 30 gol a season player for some time.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Whose nolan?

Even a half decent striker can score goals in tis Barca team...dnt see wht the fuss is all abt?

Bojan -
Games Started - 35(48)
Goals - 21
Avg - 0.6 goals/game (without the sub app)

Balotelli -
Games Started - 25(14)
Goals - 12
Avg - 0.48 goals/game

Pato
Games Started - 42(14)
Goals - 24
Avg - 0.57 goals/game

From the above i dnt see anythin as impressive as ur makin it out 2 be...Both Balotelli n Pato have more or less similar avgs as Bojan's...considerin both these players are in teams tht dnt create as many chances as Barca...they 've dne quite well...i dnt know if Bojan ll b this productive if he played for those 2 italian teams....All im tryin 2 say is i 've not witnessed anythin brilliant yet frm ur only teenager striker in the whole wide world 2 suggest he is the striker's solution for this club longterm...

firstly, I never said pato and balotelli were ordinary strikers. they're both exceptional talents (and pato is a year older don't forget) so that bojan can "only just" surpass their goal tallies is not a negative.

not to mention balotelli and especially pato get to play regularly, bojan comes in and out of the startling XI a lot and for him to continue to deliver like he does shows that he's a very special talent.

and the creative output of barca isn't that relevant to bojan as most of his starts are with reserve players. but even with this taken into account, one still has to score and if he continues to score at 0.6 goals a game for the rest of his career it will be a very good career indeed (inzaghi and raul are two legendary strikers who did just that).

but hey, you're welcome to disagree.

S

Snyde

Yeah but Pato has been playing consistently for almost 2 years now and almost same for Balotelli.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Bojan is also regularly played out of position, genrally when he features Eto'o, Henry or Messi end up playing the center role. So he's not necessarily playing the same location that Pato and Balotelli get to roam about in. There are many things to consider. Bojan is a top talent and i hope he continues to improve.
:bojan: :veryhappy:

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
how did we get sooo off topic?? about Diego Forlan... i am all for more south americans at Barça

S

Snyde

If we lose Eto'o (ie I don't want us to push him out but if he wants to leave we offer no resistance) We should get our strikers in this order:

Villa>Forlan>Ibra> ? Aguero? or a backup striker (like Trezeguet!)with Titi and Bojan taking main stagr. And get them for no more than Eto'os sell price + 10mil. I mean for god's sake this man is probably the best striker in the world and has scored in 2 consecutive CL finals why should he be sold at discount compared to players who have not done any more than he has.

zanela

firstly, I never said pato and balotelli were ordinary strikers. they're both exceptional talents (and pato is a year older don't forget) so that bojan can "only just" surpass their goal tallies is not a negative.

not to mention balotelli and especially pato get to play regularly, bojan comes in and out of the startling XI a lot and for him to continue to deliver like he does shows that he's a very special talent.

and the creative output of barca isn't that relevant to bojan as most of his starts are with reserve players. but even with this taken into account, one still has to score and if he continues to score at 0.6 goals a game for the rest of his career it will be a very good career indeed (inzaghi and raul are two legendary strikers who did just that).

but hey, you're welcome to disagree.

Bojan
2007/08
La liga (this is where all his goals came frm in his first Season n if my memory serves well we dint play reserve players in the league) -
Games Started - 14
Goals - 10

2008/09
La liga
Games Started - 6
Goals - 2
Copa
Games Started - 8
Goals - 5
CL
Games Started - 3
Goals - 3

Except for a couple of initial games in Copa n may be the Shakhtar(H) in CL...Hez played wit pretty much a strong XI....So i dnt see where his most starts have bin wit reserve players as ur suggesting...n for a team tht has scored 150+ goals in a season u cant overlook the creativity factor...n our front 3 keep interchangin postions a lot so whether he starts on the left, right or centre...it really doesnt matter as he gets his fair share of chances n gets set up loads of times unlike the other 2 teenage progidies in their respective teams...

And Pato being a year older isnt of much relevance coz he only started playin for milan the same time as Bojan n the other italian kid did for their teams...
In a nut shell, im more impressed by Pato n Balotelli coz they 've stood out n delivered in a team not as good as Barca's attackin wise n without the kind of service Bojan is previliged wit....Im not tryin 2 downplay Bojan's contribution in anyway...All im sayin is it isnt all tht difficult for a striker 2 score in this Barca side...he doesnt strike me as sme special talent tht we so rarely witness...n if Bojan n Pato were to change places i'd see the latter havin better stats thn the former.....If Bojan can deliver in a relatively inferior side i might just be convinced of his talent...n If Bojan remains in this club for a long time he might well end up wit good stats but hez less talented thn the other 2....n personally i expect the 2 frm italy being more internationally accepted n recognized...i just like 2 add welbeck 2 the mix...

P.S Tis is only a personal opinion....n shudnt be taken as sme gospel..:D
I cud well be proven wrong in the future but at this time this is wht i think ll happen...

Yeah but Pato has been playing consistently for almost 2 years now and almost same for Balotelli.

So has Bojan...Balotelli has played the least of the two...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans