Dmytro Chygrynskiy

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barcelona's style of attacking football is problem for Chygrynskiy. Shakhtar does not play with such pressure and is not defending such "counter attacks" as often as barcelona do. The player is not used to such situations, more used to sitting back. His passing ability is very good also which is of importance in barcelona. I am fond of the player but not just a fan of him. I can see that he has been very bad sometimes but I know he can be better. Give him time for Pep!

Noone is saying we should get rid of him. He is getting some stick for his below-par performances, which is completely different. People whistled at greater and more deserving players than Chygrynskiy, it's just something that's part of football and what he'll need to deal with.

E

Esteve

Whistling at the player of your own club is very bad I think. This won't solve anything. His confidence can not grow this way. he is trying hard I believe. And Henry, not as much. He is one most deserving of the whistles but still no, I don't like that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Happens all the time in Spain, Italy and elsewhere in Mediterranean. And pretty much in all of Latin countries of SA. That covers the largest chunk of top footballing countries in the world so wouldn't be surprised. It's a theater and people will always say what they feel regardless if it's smart or not.

E

Esteve

This I understand. I do not like at all, it is not support. Cruyff said that these whistles effect Guardiola too because is his decision to buy the player. I agree with this, is not positive for anyone in the team. With more trust and chances, the player can develop at this big club. €25 millions is a lot I understand but this should not be reason to criticize. Is not Chygrynskiy's choice, is simple, the amount both clubs have agree to, shouldn't have such effect on us fans.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cruyff says a lot of things, he's not a holy bible. And fans didn't whistle because he cost 25 mil, they whistled because he sucked. I do agree however that it doesn't help but that's something that's not unusual, as I explained, so as soon as he gets it out of his system the better for him.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
If there˙s a "world" of difference I would like you to articulate the difference in playing LB,RB,DRC,DLC which are all covered by Puyol. Or DLC,DRC,DM all played brilliantly by Rafa few season ago. Examples are many and I only took Barca players.
I am aware of the opposite foot thing but you took it to far. It`s not like anyone is asking him to play as a full back. Even if I took your theory as a valid there`s still a question of our defense revolving over Chygo and thus only exposing him as unable to adapt, or at least inflexible, which is one of the keystones of Barca philosophy
You missed the 'for a new player' and 'adapting' part.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
If there˙s a "world" of difference I would like you to articulate the difference in playing LB,RB,DRC,DLC which are all covered by Puyol. Or DLC,DRC,DM all played brilliantly by Rafa few season ago. Examples are many and I only took Barca players.
I am aware of the opposite foot thing but you took it to far. It`s not like anyone is asking him to play as a full back. Even if I took your theory as a valid there`s still a question of our defense revolving over Chygo and thus only exposing him as unable to adapt, or at least inflexible, which is one of the keystones of Barca philosophy

rafa rarely if ever played on the left. he nearly always played/s in RCB. both puyol and piqué move to accomodate this.

regarding puyol: he is very versatile. as are a lot of players.

but the key thing here is once again you not reading my posts.

actually there is a world of difference.

at RCB, if you are right-footed, when drawn out into the wide areas to defend (as often happens given our attacking CB's) you are doing so on your right foot. if you are beaten and have to chase back to your own goal, you are defending on your right-foot. this plays entirely to your strengths.

your weak-foot is only exposed when someone is coming inside you. but thanks to the fact that we have a DM, you will often be assisted in that situation.

for a new player, adapting to a faster league in a new system, the comfort of playing on your strong foot will help tremendously. this was evidenced by the difference in his performances at RCB and LCB vs. sevilla.

this is not about puyol, a player who is catalan and has been with us since 17.

this is not about marquez, a mexican who speaks perfect spanish and grew up in a latin culture and climate.

this is about chygrynskiy, a freakin' ukranian. he played LCB fine for shakhtar but for us, while he is adapting, he is clearly more comfortable on the right.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I actually addressed the "adapting" in one of my previous posts which you might have read had you paid attention.

E

Esteve

Cruyff's opinion is important to me. Is a God for me and I admire so much. He is correct here I believe. What I try to say is that I notice how the price of the player seems to be big problem for a lot of culés. I can understand but our support is needed for him to improve quickly. Guardiola certainly would appreciate the support of the fans when the player is doing badly. And I say again, I am not just fan of this player, I can see that is not good enough at this point. Is clear.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
you addressed nothing.

all you said was "time for adapting is limited" which is both 1. not true as far as the coach sees things and 2. very short-sighted.

I'm very close to quitting this thread, as I already have the ibra and CR ones.

I can't take the lack of comprehension.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No. You addressed nothing and taking every excuse to make him look better than he is.
And btw. the difference was not all that vast in him playing DLC/DRC and it was for insufficient time to prove anything.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Cruyff's opinion is important to me. Is a God for me and I admire so much. He is correct here I believe. What I try to say is that I notice how the price of the player seems to be big problem for a lot of culés. I can understand but our support is needed for him to improve quickly. Guardiola certainly would appreciate the support of the fans when the player is doing badly. And I say again, I am not just fan of this player, I can see that is not good enough at this point. Is clear.
Absolutely.

On top of that, he has the most ungrateful role at this moment at Barcelona. Not only at this moment, but for the past 4 months.

Olsend

But is it his fault because Barca paid a lot for him? You should point those whistles not towards Chyg I assume, someone in Barca's managment has lost his head.

Home of Barca Fans