Dmytro Chygrynskiy

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Well yeah, its hard to tell what other transfers the Chyg transfer prevented, esp. as there werent too many names highly discussed. It was basically down to Masch and Villa, and both were above 25M. Maybe they even didnt bother to negotiate over other players b/c their money was saved for Chyg. Like there was Robben who went to Bayern for 24M, and id say that he would be much more helpful than Chyg atm, even if he is injured half of the time. And there could be still the option to add another like 5-10M somehow on top of those 25M in order to get someone in. Those 5-10M alone are just not sufficient to get someone in who would help the team.

do you really think real would have sold robben to us for 24m? there would have been AT LEAST 10m added to the price due to the rivalry, if not more, or outright rejection of a bid. I mean technically yes, robben would be great, but let's be realistic.

On the other side i really never saw the need for a backup CD. Puyol and Pique were always supposed to be set. And as the 2nd backup CD someone like Henrique would have prolly done the job as well.

well pep only really pushed for chysus once pre-season was underway, so obviously he saw something in henrique he didn't like. muniesa and fontás are okay, but not ready for the first team yet. and he knew rafa would be in-and-out and gabi wouldn't be available for half a season if at all. tbh once henrique was out of the picture we would have been remiss not to sign someone.

zanela

Was he not a goal threat from corners for his prev club? I think hes scored a fair few for them.
But hes been missing some good opportunities for us. Didn't even get one on target so far. May be, it's a confidence thing.

He has good vision and range of passing, and he did well at DM. So, may be Pep should deploy him there instead.

E

Esteve

Is a good player. Please have the patience with him and he will prove his worth for us

Chucka

Hussein Said know your role
Is a good player. Please have the patience with him and he will prove his worth for us

+1 great post, mate. You seem to be a fan. Not many people here are tbh lol.

I think we should give him time. Give him a season then we'll see.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Im not being an idiot or anything but what is the difference between playing RCB and LCB? I know that right footers will prefer the right side but is there anything else to it?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Im not being an idiot or anything but what is the difference between playing RCB and LCB? I know that right footers will prefer the right side but is there anything else to it?

There is a slight difference but the rest of it are semantics in trying to be apologetic about his performances which were rightfully scrutinized.
There is still time though for him to improve but he will have to do it fast (in next few months) because time for adapting is limited. Particularly in such precarious position as central defender where every single mistake counts.

E

Esteve

Thank you chucka.

Is right, bojan. He needs the improve quickly but do not forget, Cruyff has said that the criticize he get is bad for not him alone but for Guardiola too. He deserves the chances, is Guardiola's choice. I know he can succeed at a big club like Barcelona.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
There is a slight difference but the rest of it are semantics in trying to be apologetic about his performances which were rightfully scrutinized.
There is still time though for him to improve but he will have to do it fast (in next few months) because time for adapting is limited. Particularly in such precarious position as central defender where every single mistake counts.

actually there is a world of difference.

at RCB, if you are right-footed, when drawn out into the wide areas to defend (as often happens given our attacking CB's) you are doing so on your right foot. if you are beaten and have to chase back to your own goal, you are defending on your right-foot. this plays entirely to your strengths.

your weak-foot is only exposed when someone is coming inside you. but thanks to the fact that we have a DM, you will often be assisted in that situation.

for a new player, adapting to a faster league in a new system, the comfort of playing on your strong foot will help tremendously. this was evidenced by the difference in his performances at RCB and LCB vs. sevilla.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
actually there is a world of difference.

at RCB, if you are right-footed, when drawn out into the wide areas to defend (as often happens given our attacking CB's) you are doing so on your right foot. if you are beaten and have to chase back to your own goal, you are defending on your right-foot. this plays entirely to your strengths.

your weak-foot is only exposed when someone is coming inside you. but thanks to the fact that we have a DM, you will often be assisted in that situation.

for a new player, adapting to a faster league in a new system, the comfort of playing on your strong foot will help tremendously. this was evidenced by the difference in his performances at RCB and LCB vs. sevilla.

If there˙s a "world" of difference I would like you to articulate the difference in playing LB,RB,DRC,DLC which are all covered by Puyol. Or DLC,DRC,DM all played brilliantly by Rafa few season ago. Examples are many and I only took Barca players.
I am aware of the opposite foot thing but you took it to far. It`s not like anyone is asking him to play as a full back. Even if I took your theory as a valid there`s still a question of our defense revolving over Chygo and thus only exposing him as unable to adapt, or at least inflexible, which is one of the keystones of Barca philosophy

E

Esteve

Barcelona's style of attacking football is problem for Chygrynskiy. Shakhtar does not play with such pressure and is not defending such "counter attacks" as often as barcelona do. The player is not used to such situations, more used to sitting back. His passing ability is very good also which is of importance in barcelona. I am fond of the player but not just a fan of him. I can see that he has been very bad sometimes but I know he can be better. Give him time for Pep!

Home of Barca Fans