Dmytro Chygrynskiy

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What do we do with Chygrynskiy? Marquez improved significantly and Milito resurrected. Both leaving poor Chygo as our last option central back. 25 million down the drain?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
What do we do with Chygrynskiy? Marquez improved significantly and Milito resurrected. Both leaving poor Chygo as our last option central back. 25 million down the drain?

well I'd dispute "marquez improved significantly" quite seriously.

he had one great game against a mid-table opponent and then he had an absolute shocker in the CL KO stages. he's yet to firmly establish himself ahead of chysus (and has cost us more points than the ukrainian) and, really, is on the way down while chysus is on the way up.

anyway, with added fitness, and hopefully playing in RCB, we should see a new chysus.

(and before anyone asks, I'm not gonna give up on him 'til pep does).

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Significantly as opposed his initial performances this season and there are more games that he played in recently that could be rated as solid performances. That put aside, Chygo has now one more defender to "beat" to the 1st team and Milito is looking very good since his recovery. On par if not better than Pique and Puyol.
Things are looking way more complicated for the Ukrainian than few months back.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I dunno, really.

piqué is first choice, puyol is second.

both can play in either CB position.

milito is a LCB, chysus is a RCB, rafa is a RCB.

piqué, rafa and chysus are sweepers, puyol and milito are stoppers.

chysus, IMO, was never really competing with milito for a place, but rafa. and I don't even know that it was a competition since this is a transitional season. marquez is on the way out and chysus is on the way in.

samg85

I dunno, really.

piqué is first choice, puyol is second.

both can play in either CB position.

milito is a LCB, chysus is a RCB, rafa is a RCB.

piqué, rafa and chysus are sweepers, puyol and milito are stoppers.

chysus, IMO, was never really competing with milito for a place, but rafa. and I don't even know that it was a competition since this is a transitional season. marquez is on the way out and chysus is on the way in.

Actually Puyol is first choice and Pique second. Marquez and Milito being 3rd really depends if either Puyol or Pique is playing. Chyg is 5th and likely to stay that way for a while until someone gets hurt, or Marquez leaves.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
whatever happened to this guy does he still play for Barça? ;)

seriously though how long has it been since he played???

maybe some time against Malaga

samg85

whatever happened to this guy does he still play for Barça? ;)

seriously though how long has it been since he played???

maybe some time against Malaga

He hasn't played since the first leg Copa del Rey match against Sevilla. I feel bad for him because he has the pressure to live up to the 25 million they paid for him and to play for the greatest team in the world. But he's still young and hopefully he'll get some confidence.

B

BarcaMike

Maybe City can buy him? He does not belong team like barca. :angry:

:santa2:has spoken. :flagvl8:

beef-supreme

Malaga at home was the game when he could have gotten his chance. Pep seems to have lost faith in him as well.

I disagree, Malaga at home was the perfect game to play a full squad since the players have a whole week to rest with no distractions. Next week will be a better week to play him, because we will need rest for the Valencia - Stuttgart double whammy.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I think Marquez should be sold. Then, we'd have Chyg and Milito as stand-ins for Puyol. As soon as Chyg feels comfortable in the team, he'll show he's not a bad defender at all.

mc-pedro

This fella is sooooo slow, we could've spent the money chyggie cost on another striker, which we could need since Zlatan has been horrible the last... 10 games?... Luis Suarez gets my vote.

Home of Barca Fans