Dmytro Chygrynskiy

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Yes, and he is nearly always involved when celebrating if the bench is being filmed.

I also think he is better with the group than Hleb regarding adaptation. It's not that difficult, of course.

maxan10

SirTugAlot
I don't think he minds sitting heating the bench as long as he is payed,... he always has his degree to fall back on if Football doesnt work out.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
does he have to explain?

I mean, it's not difficult to figure out.

every time he steps on the field people like you are right on his back cussing him and over-analysing everything. that type of harsh criticism can really make it difficult for a new player to adapt and perform.

he will get games I'm sure, but this was a signing for the future more than the present. next season he will have adapted much more and, crucially, will have gone through a pre-season with us.

No, I was not right on his back. I liked the signing initially and praised Chygo in his debut, go read my posts before you come in on your high horse like you usually do. It was when I saw that he was slow as a turtle when I began to question this purchase. Same as vast majority of people here. And if Pep trusted him he would have played more, simple as that.
He may or may not prove to be a worthy player to this team in the future. That's something noone can tell surely. But one thing is certain, this signing was useless so far and that money could/should been better spent elsewhere.

beef-supreme

Yeah, especially with Real only losing points when it's most embarrassing.

That's a huge exaggeration and overstatement - Real are having their best season in years and fielding their strongest squad for how long, taking massive amounts of points - they would be walking their way to the title were it not for Barca. There's nothing embarrassing about us dropping points, but at the same time we cannot afford to drop them either plainly because Real are so good.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
does he have to explain?

I mean, it's not difficult to figure out.

every time he steps on the field people like you are right on his back cussing him and over-analysing everything. that type of harsh criticism can really make it difficult for a new player to adapt and perform.

he will get games I'm sure, but this was a signing for the future more than the present. next season he will have adapted much more and, crucially, will have gone through a pre-season with us.

No, I was not right on his back. I liked the signing initially and praised Chygo in his debut, go read my posts before you come in on your high horse like you usually do. It was when I saw that he was slow as a turtle when I began to question this purchase. Same as vast majority of people here. And if Pep trusted him he would have played more, simple as that.
He may or may not prove to be a worthy player to this team in the future. That's something noone can tell surely. But one thing is certain, this signing was useless so far and that money could/should been better spent elsewhere.

How will he adapt Meta? Will he actually get faster? I think that's impossible. OK, he could always improve his positioning so that he doesn't have to run and catch up players to often (which usually resulted in a faul in or just outside the penelty area). But when he really needs to chase somebody down we are fu**ed, and that's a fact. So yes, I agree with Bojan.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
is piqué fast?

no.

has piqué been beaten for pace quite a few times?

yes.

is piqué beaten for pace as often as he should be, given his level of speed?

no.

is piqué always alert and on his toes, and ready to get back and cover at a moments notice?

yes.

can this skill be learned the more one adapts to the league?

yes.

piqué was trained in la liga and then the PL. his footballing speed of thought is going to be supersonic. chysus has come from ukraine which is much slower and in a team which played with a deeper line. he's built exactly like piqué, the only reason he seems slower is because mentally he's not as sharp and thus reacts that split-second slower which makes all the difference at the top level.

with more time in this league, playing at this pace, he will adapt. plus as you say, his positioning in accordance with a higher line of defence will improve through experience.

"will he get faster"

this is football. not athletics.

jesus.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pique is not fast but when compared to Chygo he's a Carl Lewis. And no, it's not athletics but pace is one of the elementary attributes of a footballer.

barca96

but this is really not the time for us to test whether chiggy is fast enough or not.
looks like we need to win every match from now on.
no time for experimenting.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
but this is really not the time for us to test whether chiggy is fast enough or not.
looks like we need to win every match from now on.
no time for experimenting.

That's another point... While I would like to see him getting more playing time there's simply no room for making mistakes. If he was a midfielder or a forward Pep could have that luxury..
When you are defender, every mistake can be costly.

barca96

we can experiment bojan but we certainly cannot experiment with chiggy.
it's a pity that we're out of the copa. but chiggy is a good guy with lots of patience, im sure he will wait till
next season or when we already wrap up the league.

Home of Barca Fans