Dmytro Chygrynskiy

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I don't get why we didn't loan him out..then again every player we have loaned out right now we will likely never see again and lose money on, so there's always that.

desoe

Well, maybe Pep needed some time to be fully convinced with Milito, who just came back during the time when the transfer window actually opened. Maybe Chyg was some kind of an insurance, if everything with Milito don't develop in a good way.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Well, maybe Pep needed some time to be fully convinced with Milito, who just came back during the time when the transfer window actually opened. Maybe Chyg was some kind of an insurance, if everything with Milito don't develop in a good way.

Well Chyg is supposed to be the long term successor to Marquez, but with Pique able to compliment Puyol more so than a sweeper (He can play with Rafa when they are both at their best, but this season that hasn't exactly worked out)...if we wanted insurance in case Milito couldn't recover we would have just kept Caceres warming the bench.

But then again I think we should have spent the money on Luiz..

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
An expensive insurance that's for sure desoe :lol: seen as he's played so little it's hard to gauge how well he's actually adapted and if any progress has been made. I agree with Bojan the money should have been used elsewhere, it was as pointless as the Keirrison signing. He may turn out ok but he's certainly got a long way to go unfortunately.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
An expensive insurance that's for sure desoe :lol: seen as he's played so little it's hard to gauge how well he's actually adapted and if any progress has been made. I agree with Bojan the money should have been used elsewhere, it was as pointless as the Keirrison signing. He may turn out ok but he's certainly got a long way to go unfortunately.

He's fine as a long term project if :marquez: shows he can string together 2 good games in a row, but that's a pretty big if. What it most likely means is you haven't seen the last of Rafa, and I'm sure some of you are thrilled about that. :lol:

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
:lol: I really would be disappointed to see Rafa here next season tbh Nolan. Hopefully he can bring out and Henry style return to form soon but surely he needs to head to the MLS or something in the summer. Puyol's been brilliant this season and Milito has impressed since he returned, but who knows what they'll be like next season. Chyg is not a replacement for that style of CB so will be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

desoe

I didn't mean that we bought Chyg to be an insurance for Milito. I think nobody even considered Milito for the future, his comeback was something suprising for everyone, maybe even Pep.

For me Milito just changed Pep's plans about the defence. I think he did have something totally different on his mind, which obviously was putting the ukrainian over Milito. Now it's the opposite, because of what Milito is showing.

barca96

I didn't mean that we bought Chyg to be an insurance for Milito. I think nobody even considered Milito for the future, his comeback was something suprising for everyone, maybe even Pep.

For me Milito just changed Pep's plans about the defence. I think he did have something totally different on his mind, which obviously was putting the ukrainian over Milito. Now it's the opposite, because of what Milito is showing.

exactly!
no one expected that from milito.
so now milio>chiggy+ no copa de rey= no playing time unfortunately.

zanela

I have suggested this before and 'll say it again, if he doesn't cut it at CB, we can use him as our back-up DM. He has good control, vision, passing, aggression & distribution of the ball. He can be our other creative DM. Don't think his pace would be issue as our backline would cover up his errors. He is already shown he can play there. So, in an event Yaya leaves, we can bring the dashing Botia back and move Chyg to DM. This way not only will Chyg have more opportunities in a position i think he is more suited for us but we'll 've a solid cantera CB pairing for years to come. :party00231:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
That idea has potential zanela, however I'm not too sure about our CB's covering up his errors, that would be too much of a risk in my opinion... I guess he would have to develop a lot of stamina and flawless positioning in order to become a DM, fortunately those are things he can acquire unlike pace...

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Pique is not fast but when compared to Chygo he's a Carl Lewis. And no, it's not athletics but pace is one of the elementary attributes of a footballer.

it's like talking to a brick wall.

I don't know why I bother.

Meta, I'm not saying it's athletics. And no, Pique is not the fastest player either. But just like Bojan said, compared to Chygo he's Carl fucking Lewis. That's an attribute you can't really improve by training. He already costed us a penelty and some freekicks just outside the penelty area. He is just the slowest player I have ever seen, EVER.
So actually, you're the brick wall mate.

But I agree, we could use him on DM. But compared to Yaya he sucks on DM. So we don't really have a use for him. The list just goes on - Hleb, Keirsson, Caceres, Chyg, (and many would say Ibra)...

Home of Barca Fans