Douglas Costa

Yannik

I swear Neymar did the same. Didnt he?

But pep and robben have critized him for that, its disrespectful according to pep and robben. Neymar was critiszed the same , wasnt he?

Havent heard Pep, but Robben did in some way.
But honestly, this trick was absolutely necessary to get past Brandt there, I think that is most important.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If people have problems with Neymar doing the the same, they should have a problem with Costa doing that. Otherwise they are just hypocrites.

El Flaco

I swear Neymar did the same. Didnt he?

But pep and robben have critized him for that, its disrespectful according to pep and robben. Neymar was critiszed the same , wasnt he?

Do you have a source?
Because I can't find where Pep & Robben critized Neymar's rainbow flick.

----

Anyway, here's some quotes from Andoni Iraola (Athletic Bilbao captain) and Luis Enrique who didn't like that.

Andoni Iraola "I don't think it was classy and it isn't sporting,"
Andoni Iraola "He has examples in his own team who he should look to, because they have lots to teach him."

Luis Enrique: "In Spain such things are not taken kindly and if I were an Athletic player I would have behaved in much the same way or even worse, but we have to understand that these things are normal in Brazil."
Luis Enrique: "We will try to make him understand."

Source

Last edited:

Morten

Do you have sources?

----

Anyway, here's some quotes from Andoni Iraola (Athletic Bilbao captain) and Luis Enrique who didn't like that.

Andoni Iraola "He has examples in his own team who he should look to, because they have lots to teach him."

Luis Enrique: "In Spain such things are not taken kindly and if I were an Athletic player I would have behaved in much the same way or even worse, but we have to understand that these things are normal in Brazil."

Source

Its foolish to say stuff like that, when you have the ball, you can essentially do what you want with it. There are boundries though, teamplay and stuff. If you can pass it to a better positioned teammate, you usually pass it, if you see a good opportunity for a cross, you usually cross it. But i take it that Barca was in a comfortable lead when it happened.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Do you have a source?

----

Source

According to Sport1, Robben did say something to the effect of such a trick is controversial and they need to respect their opponent after 3:0...

http://www.sport1.de/fussball/bunde...uglas-costa-nach-trick-gegen-bayer-leverkusen

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I really wonder if the problem is the players or the trick. Can you imagine the same reactions if someone like Messi or heck even Cristiano pulled off such a trick? I bet they'd be applauded by most people(except their rivals ofc). Or even put Muller or Thiago in that position. If they did it then I doubt we'd see the same reactions.

Instead you have Neymar, or Costa doing it and you hear the word "disrespect".

Truthist

I guess Messi should have been sent off for disrepecting Man City last season for nutmeg gong them repeatedly.

If you have the ball you are entitled to do whatever you want as long as it's not cheating.

Alarcón

I really wonder if the problem is the players or the trick. Can you imagine the same reactions if someone like Messi or heck even Cristiano pulled off such a trick? I bet they'd be applauded by most people(except their rivals ofc). Or even put Muller or Thiago in that position. If they did it then I doubt we'd see the same reactions.

Instead you have Neymar, or Costa doing it and you hear the word "disrespect".

Your assumption is based on absolutely nothing.

Home of Barca Fans