Douglas Pereira dos Santos

Zangash

Banned
Not every number has to be legendary. If that was the plan they could have just kept Busquets at 16.

Samper can make his own stamp on whatever number he gets.

Prior to getting 5 everyone was pretty sure Busquets would just stay with 16. It could have been a great way to hand down the number. One retiring legend passes his number down to a current legend so he passes his number down to a future legend, but instead he passed his number down to "Who is that guy?" Douglass.

F

Flavia

Douglas is really nervous... almost said it's a privilege to play for "sao paulo" instead of "barcelona" just now.

Zubizarreta: "Douglas' transfer won't block the evolution of Montoya. We continue to believe in him. We just give the coach more options."

Tomchin

Does Mestre ever answer any question? Him and Bartomeu surely must be one of the most charismatic duo that we've had in our history.

Santi Giménez ‏@acaradeperro 12m
"Me ha gustado mucho el Hotel". Bien Douglas.

That answer from Douglas really amused me too. "I like the city, I like the hotel", lol

Zangash

Banned
Zubizarreta: "Douglas' transfer won't block the evolution of Montoya. We continue to believe in him. We just give the coach more options."

Looks like we now get to place our bets on if he'll make the bench or be left at home every weekend. Either or.

JamDav1982

Prior to getting 5 everyone was pretty sure Busquets would just stay with 16. It could have been a great way to hand down the number. One retiring legend passes his number down to a current legend so he passes his number down to a future legend, but instead he passed his number down to "Who is that guy?" Douglass.

Only need a few historical numbers, the only way to keep 16 as historical would be to keep Busquets in it.

It really doesnt matter at all.

Zangash

Banned
Only need a few historical numbers, the only way to keep 16 as historical would be to keep Busquets in it.

It really doesnt matter at all.

Probably not, but if it matters so little, why give it to him? As I said before, literally any other number could have been slapped on him. Seems like they just rolled the dice on available numbers and 16 was what they settled on.

JamDav1982

Probably not, but if it matters so little, why give it to him? As I said before, literally any other number could have been slapped on him. Seems like they just rolled the dice on available numbers and 16 was what they settled on.

Not sure how they chose it... certainly not for any confidence booster to Douglas as he had no idea who wore it last!

Doobs

The Messiah
There could be a player far worse than Messi who will wear the #10 in the future. Would that affect Messi's legacy and make you'll upset?

Busi has moved onto a far more important and significant number with the #5. The fact that he left the 16 is further proof that it doesn't mean as much to him.

JamDav1982

In the press conference they were keen to distance themselves from the previous transfers of Keirrison/Henrique saying that it was the management and sporting directors that came to them asking for the player.

Whereas this was not the situation previously and Lucho was given final say on the player.

F

Flavia

10660339_10152818542664305_7658859895645753208_n.jpg

Should be just Douglas. The "S." makes it look funny :p

Home of Barca Fans