Douglas Pereira dos Santos

Jadentheman

TBf, he can do better offensively. But those defensive blunders are common for him. He's not a gem, or good enough to play for Barça.
Players like bale, cr, griezmann, even deulo and others would have a field day against him.

Well he it was his debut he was super nervous plus he played in an away game with the team playing like shit. I won't discredit him yet because he needs more games with the team

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Luis Enrique: "Debut Douglas? He played at the same level as the other players." #fcblive

Shots fired :lucho:

Lucho is kind of right, though... Bartra, Piqué and especially Bravo get a free pass tonight, maybe Busi and Raki if you push me, the rest weren't substantially better than Douglas...

gatsu

Abysmal performance, he's not even worthy to play for Barça B, no as professional player in europe, he can't read properly the game, he doesn't offer any solutions for the ball carrier, in term of positioning and movement he is clueless.

God only knows how we need a substitute for Alves, and we can't recruit for 2 seasons, this is a nightmare knowing the importance of the right wing for Barça

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Well, he wasn't really worse than Adriano was he? Still shit, but I can't accuse the guy directly. He's in a situation above his weights.

Alarcón

I don't believe in that "nervous" stuff. I've played football for countless years and no matter how nervous you are, once the game starts, you move and you get involved, the nervosity falls off, you don't even think of it anymore. He is just not at the level required.

Stric

Abysmal performance, he's not even worthy to play for Barça B, no as professional player in europe, he can't read properly the game, he doesn't offer any solutions for the ball carrier, in term of positioning and movement he is clueless.

God only knows how we need a substitute for Alves, and we can't recruit for 2 seasons, this is a nightmare knowing the importance of the right wing for Barça

Chill the f out, the kid has only played 73 minutes for FCB in his entire life. I'm sure every player made improvement after their first game.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He had a pretty good cross. Much better than most of Alves' crosses. Sure, it didn't reach one of our players, but it was in the right area and seemed deliberate.
Let's not give him too much flack in his first game for us.

F

Flavia

Well he it was his debut he was super nervous plus he played in an away game with the team playing like shit. I won't discredit him yet because he needs more games with the team

Don't expect him to start playing brilliantly, because he won't. Him being nervous might have affected his offensive contribution, which isn't exactly stellar, but a bit better than what he showed today. But defensively he is weak.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even though the expectations to him were incredibly low, It was his first game. Won't judge him from that. He was pretty much just as bad as almost every player out there..

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't believe in that "nervous" stuff. I've played football for countless years and no matter how nervous you are, once the game starts, you move and you get involved, the nervosity falls off, you don't even think of it anymore. He is just not at the level required.

Have you played for FCB after tremendous scrutiny by fans and press?

I'm not saying he was great or that we have to give him time to blossom into the best RB there's ever been, just that nerves do play a part on the pitch... I agree he's not at the level required, but come on, it's understandable he was nervous...

Home of Barca Fans