Eden Hazard

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
It's totally understandable that Neymar is seen as better even by the neutral. I think as an overall footballer Hazard does have more talent, he has more to his game, but at the same time he doesn't have the cutting edge that can separate the talented from the ones that truly succeed and become great. An example of this is Quaresma and Ronaldo, although Hazard is already FAR above Quaresma, so it's not the best example, but it is one that shows talent alone won't grant you success, you need more.

Qqqq

Honestly, I don't see why people would think that Hazard is more technically gifted than Neymar.

EdmondDantes

I don't think he is, Neymar has always been the more talented one, Mourinho keeps saying Hazard is the best in the world because he knows the only way Hazard can be really considered among the world's best is if he moves to La Liga, and that would be Jose's worst nightmare. That's not saying Eden isn't a good player though because he is.

Butaan4barca

mourinho is Boosting his confidence / increasing market value. We all know, sooner or later (two season at most) real madrid is going to dump ronaldo and go after hazard with record breaking bid.

mourinho is Boosting his confidence / increasing market value. We all know, sooner or later (two season at most) real madrid is going to dump ronaldo and go after hazard with record breaking bid.

Chelsea is one of the few clubs that has the ability to say F OFF! You arent taking our players. But I could def see it happening. Hazard and or Reus will be wearing white in 2 years. And I'm going to hate seeing that.

barcafan161

It's totally understandable that Neymar is seen as better even by the neutral. I think as an overall footballer Hazard does have more talent, he has more to his game, but at the same time he doesn't have the cutting edge that can separate the talented from the ones that truly succeed and become great. An example of this is Quaresma and Ronaldo, although Hazard is already FAR above Quaresma, so it's not the best example, but it is one that shows talent alone won't grant you success, you need more.

Can't see how he has more talent

He can't take over games and has never shown he can luke neymar has

serghei

Hazard is more similar to Sanchez and Aguero, than Neymar. It's a stretch to compare Hazard with Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez, fit Robben. Hazard is in the Sanchez, Aguero, Muller type of class IMO. And even then, you can say all three are more productive than him at NT level (Muller and Sanchez have clearly done more for Germany and Chile than Hazard did for Belgium).

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I really don't rate Neymar super highly in terms of his overall ability. For me he's a player who has a few things he's good at, but those few things he's actually REALLY good at, which allows him to be as good as he is, especially for Barca where he plays his role to perfection. Hazard's skillset is more broad, he's more like a jack of all trades, while Neymar has mastered some things that has made him really effective. Plus he seems to have more mettle to him, and even when he plays crap he'll turn up with goals as long as you set him up right. If Hazard is having a bad day he's really got nothing to bail him out.

Butaan4barca

Chelsea is one of the few clubs that has the ability to say F OFF! You arent taking our players. But I could def see it happening. Hazard and or Reus will be wearing white in 2 years. And I'm going to hate seeing that.

chelsea's ability is definitely not more than that of manutd when they knocked for ronaldo. And we all know what happened and how manutd had to accept the bid in the end.

K

kingleo1

but the thing with Chelsea and Mou is that if a player wants to leave then they will let that player go, even to a rival (Mata, Cech). So it would be up to Hazard if that time comes and i dont think Hazard will want to leave Chelsea anytime soon.

Co0ter

I feel bad for Hazard, he has some masterclass games and then he disappears like today vs Man City. Mourinho's tactics don't suit him at all and Chelsea's midfield couldn't get the ball out of their half; he barely got any touches on the ball hehe.

I don't think he's overrated, he's a fantastic player. For people comparing him to Messi or Ronaldo though...you just can't take them seriously :p

Great performance by City.

Last edited:

Yannik

To be honest, he was bad and still good.
I dont watch Chelsea games so often, so I am not used to see him play and differ between his good and his bad performances. His "bad" performance was still gifted with countless great touches, dribbles and pinpoint and powerful deliverys in the middle from the wings. Its like Messi when hes having a "bad game", he still plays good enough that people would say "good game" if it was any other player. Of course Messis games are still on another level, but even in the bad games Hazard shows what he can be capable of.

Home of Barca Fans